Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - Numbers matching '74 2.0 with orignal paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
davewadd
SOLD

All-
This is a 1974 Porsche 914 2.0 four-cylinder. Vin 4742903539
Title in my name, and ready for new owner.

I found this car a few weeks ago. The owner was not using the car, and the car had a few minor needs that I have taken care of. Including new tires, fuel pump, and tune-up.

The good:
This is a real 1974 four-cylinder 2.0 engine #GA009235 (the desireable GA motor)
The COA is in the mail, however, PCNA did verify via email that "Engine 009235 is original to VIN 4742903539."
This is a NUMBERS MATCHING car. COA will go to new owner when it arrives.

This is a California car with its “blue plates”.
Overall, this is an incredibly original car.
This 914 is “original paint”! Hard to believe, but it’s original paint, and the color is ‘bahia red’.
There is plenty of paint fading, chips, and nicks, but that’s 43 years of California patina.…see pics.
-Previous owner said the seats were from a 1975 914… I guess the weave pattern is a tiny bit different.
- The hell hole was replaced, and looks good (see pics) and the rear trunk is very solid with only some surface rust, but one of the previous owners applied rust-arrestor on the spots, and it’s all very solid. (see pics) If this is what happened in 43 years, then this car will be good for 100+ more years.
- A very solid car...be sure to look at the underside photos...it's perfect.
-All glass (except maybe back window) seems to be original, with the VW logo in all windows except the rear.
-Plastic fuel lines under the car have been replaced with metal.
-Targa top works, and the latches work fine.
-Previous owner replaced the "sail" vinyl on the targa bar.
-All lights work.
-New 205 tires just installed….
-New fuel pump installed, and moved to under the car on passenger side.
-Spare wheel and tire appear to be original (continental tire and date-coded steel wheel).
-Wheel studs were replaced. Previous owner had gone to studs from bolts, but the studs were too short, so I put new studs on the car.
-Car runs strong, and doesn’t leak any engine oil. The black you see on the bottom of the engine in the photos seems to be some kind of original cosmoline protectant...it's not engine oil.
-Previous owner said the motor was rebuilt, but had no documentation on that. But the car does pull strong.

You don’t find real 914 2.0 cars with original paint very often… this is a great find for a 914 enthusiast.

The Bad: (and this stuff isn’t that big of a deal…but this is full disclosure)

- There is no key for the doors. A previous owner had the lock replaced, and never had the key cut. A blank key is provided, but as of now, the key has not been cut. So there is just an ignition key....and there is an antennae key.
- Rear shocks are leaking…. it probably needs rear shocks.
- No Stereo..but there are speaker boxes in the footwells, that I think are original.
- AC plumbing in the car, but no compressor...and heat is not connected.
- Dash is cracked.
- Clock does not work. All other gauges work….
-Faded paint, and lots of dings…but it’s original. The paint nicks and scratches don't photograph well, but the paint is aged.... I buffed it to a shine, but it's still old and faded.
-Since the odometer wasn’t working when I got the car, the mileage is unknown. Odometer has been fixed.
-The rear trunk hinge on the driver’s side broke, and I can see that it was welded, but that weld job was poor and the weld broke. This causes the trunk lid to be prone a little. The lid works fine, but that hinge should be re-welded.

The repairs I’ve done to the car, were to make it safe, and reliable… I figured the next owner could decide on all the other stuff.

I bought the car because it was so original, and I figured I'd drive it for the summer...do minor repairs....and then move it on to the next owner.
But I've decided to offer it now so I can pay for repairs on another car, and the new owner can enjoy this 914 for the summer.
I have already driven it a couple hundred miles and it's a fun and reliable car.

If you have questions, let me know.

I've looked at pricing on 2.0 cars, and I think $17k or best offer is a good purchase price that I hope will produce a quick sale.. So that's my price: $17k or best offer.
After all, how often do you find a GA 2.0 original paint California blue plate car... agree.gif
Car is Redondo Beach California

If that's not a good price... I'm sure you'll let me know. I am giving 914 world the first look at this car.... I will probably go to ebay and Pelican in the next week or so if it doesn't sell quickly on here.
If you're geographically convenient, and have cash, you'll probably get first crack at the car..

Send me a PM if you're interested ...thanks... be nice confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scallyk9
Great find! Appears to be all original, 'cept the carbs. It even has the hard-to-find staggered auxiliary gauge panel used only with the VPC air conditioning units. Good luck with the sale.
davewadd
Great bones, and they are only original once.
davewadd
Planning to get a new muffler on this week... the current muffler is too loud.
I expect to be bringing the car to the Pelican Parts event this Saturday.... then I will probably begin advertising outside of 914World.... This is a good car, and an easy cash transaction makes offers more appealing.
RFoulds
In your area today. would like to see the car. Randy 760-625-6488
davewadd
PRICE DROP TO $16K
Car also posted on Pelican, and I plan to take it to the pelican gathering this Saturday.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(davewadd @ May 18 2017, 07:50 PM) *

PRICE DROP TO $16K
Car also posted on Pelican, and I plan to take it to the pelican gathering this Saturday.

I'm sure if she doesn't sell before Saturday, you'll find a buyer there. Nice find, great looking 914. GLWTS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.