Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: $888.00 no reserve
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
This car is back on the auction block. Anyone know anything about it?
TheCabinetmaker
Opps forgot to post website.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2421924989
ChrisReale
Non stock speedo so the miles represented are probably inaccurate. Seller mentions that.
seanery
I know that the armor all'd the hell out of it. cool.gif
Aaron Cox
looks like an ok car. in the pic where they show the trunk, it looks like they painted over a giant rust bubble....
Aaron Cox
here:
tat2dphreak
looks pretty good overall.. the trunk is the one bad spot in the pics... I'm sure there are at least 1-2 other little spots we don't see...

looks better than a lot of ebay trash!
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 1 2003, 01:52 PM)
looks like an ok car. in the pic where they show the trunk, it looks like they painted over a giant rust bubble....

nope, they cut out the VIN number that was in the replacement trunk floor and put the original one back in.
"nice" seam weld cool.gif

one wonders why? idea.gif

either they just replaced a rusted out rear trunk
or the car was hit in the back ...

Andy
tat2dphreak
if you want to concours it this may not be a bad bet, but if you just want to drive the piss out of it driving.gif and it doesn't get too expensive... it could be a sweet deal!
Aaron Cox
theres a vin # in the rear trunk? huh.gif
tryan
it looks decent , but the price is climbing. i would like to see under the battery tray.
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 1 2003, 02:45 PM)
theres a vin # in the rear trunk? huh.gif

actually, it's a chassis number. my '70 didn't have one, but the trunk replacement ('73 ?) had one stamped in there.
and i've seen quite a few now on later model cars.

Andy
TheCabinetmaker
Check the pics of the front trunk for the replaced vin#. very next picture. Good eyes Andy!
mikester
But is the original paint color really black or has it just burned to that color from being out in the AZ sun.

boldblue.gif

Also....pictures never tell the real story. My car looks damn nice in the pictures but up close and in person...well, she's beautiful to me.
vortrex
looks like the typical ebay car....spray paint and armor all as much as possible and hope for the best! still cannot understand why people buy these $2-3k cars all day long when you can get a sweet one for $5k and save yourself a lot of $ and headaches.
TheCabinetmaker
amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aaron Cox
aftermarket steering wheel.....wierd center tray/cupholders w/ shortened armrest, a crest on the engine grill...and whats up with the finky spoiler....who makes that?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.