Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge Grief
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone have a part number for a 2 & 1/16" diameter console gas gauge that will correctly communicate with my stock 71 tank sender?

Steve (914-6 3.2 GT) on the boards here, was gracious enough to give me two of his unused gauges to try out. I now understand his magnanimous generosity poke.gif ............. as neither works but both look really cool.... but thanks anyway Steve.
beerchug.gif

914forme
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 11 2017, 07:19 PM) *

Does anyone have a part number for a 2 & 1/16" diameter console gas gauge that will correctly communicate with my stock 71 tank sender?

Steve (914-6 3.2 GT) on the boards here, was gracious enough to give me two of his unused gauges to try out. I now understand his magnanimous generosity poke.gif ............. as neither works but both look really cool.... but thanks anyway Steve.
beerchug.gif

Here you go

Looks like this.

Click to view attachment

At least that is the one I think I used. Stole it from my Ghia build which uses the same sender as the Type 1
forrestkhaag
Thanks 914forme / I will see if I can isolate the VDO gauge picture you sent to the part number. I plan on putting it in the plac of my current center temp gauge now replaced with a 911 combo gauge.

I will update after I have a working gauge / I'm tired of the stinky stick gauge.... barf.gif
beerchug.gif
IronHillRestorations
Call North Hollywood Speedometer, and see what they charge to put a fuel gauge in the tach (like a 930 boost gauge). Makes for a very clean install
11tenths
Yeah but then he'd have to un-rotate his tach so the fuel wouldn't spill out of the gauge...

shades.gif

-Harry
IronHillRestorations
lol-2.gif
porschetub
PO mounted 52mm VDO gauge about where the cig lighter would be,easy to read and I tested it after I had my tank out with a known amount of fuel,seemed to be accurate enough.
I do have an issue with my low fuel light but that will be sorted when I learn to stop putting my foot down so hard lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif .
forrestkhaag
I found a brand new VDO gauge and wiring harness on, of all places, ebay, for 19 bucks shipped. I will install it today and wee where that 20bucks leads me...... thanks for the insight.

I think i will rotate the fuel gauge lol-2.gif too.....
914Sixer
Is the gauge 0-90 ohms?
GeorgeRud
It is 0 - 90 or 90 - 0 ohms. The one will read backwards ( I think that's the GM style one). If you look on the VDO site, look for the one that works with the VW tube type sender as I assume that's what Porsche used. When I try to pull it up on the eGuages site, nothing comes up for that particular one, so I wonder if it's been discontinued. I have seen them on eBay however.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.