Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whoops! WTF are these washers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Spent the weekend continuing to strip my car, clean parts, and organize them for storage. This evening I reached in the ultrasonic parts washer and found these laying in the bottom. I can't remember where the heck they go headbang.gif Anyone have any idea?

I was removing gas tank, ventilation/blower assembly, metal dash, instruments, switches, and glove box so I'm pretty sure they came from one of those components. My gut says maybe glove box hinge bolts. You can see an imprint where they were riding on washers. I just remember they were pretty rust stained so I left them in the washer for a second cycle and telling myself not to forget them. Well that didn't work.

Click to view attachment
Garland
Only a dished plastic washers for the glove box. Due to the rust i would say exterior. Maybe under side pan cover to reach the fuel tank lines, it has 4 bolts. Stock washers would be smaller. Or a replacement for the foot board hold down. That can be a rusty location.

Like this, but yellow. (Only one round washer)

Click to view attachment

And the other side

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Foot board hold down. Should be a nice yellow zinc.
bbrock
I should have mentioned that these are fiber washers. Probably an important clue that should narrow things down! The color in the photo is their actual color. They cleaned up nicely but now I see they look rusty in the pic, but they aren't. Foot board hold down and cover hardware is accounted for.

And I should add that this car has been missing a windshield for decades and there's rust on hardware in the dash area and interior that normally wouldn't be.
914Sixer
Fiber washers make them parts that go on the floor heater control lever.
simonjb
agree.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 12 2017, 06:09 AM) *

AHA! Yes! Thank you! beerchug.gif

And I even left the heater lever and other associated hardware laying right there next to the parts cleaner as a reminder. screwy.gif
porschetub
Hhhhhmmm,thought they were white nylon or are we talking another part ?
porschetub
Hhhhhmmm,thought they were white nylon or are we talking another part ?
914_teener
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 12 2017, 05:09 AM) *

Can you post the fiber washers under the heater lever? Picture?

No hijack intended.....I just replaced the floorboard ones and want to get the aux fan working next.
bbrock
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 13 2017, 10:51 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 12 2017, 05:09 AM) *

Can you post the fiber washers under the heater lever? Picture?

No hijack intended.....I just replaced the floorboard ones and want to get the aux fan working next.

Here's an ebay listing that has good pics of the assembly: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-914-6-...d-/261513913478
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.