Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Won't start
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ehick72
I have a 1.7 FI. I haven't had it long so I am still discovering things about my car. One thing that happens every now and then is it won't start and when I finally get it to turn over it idles low and dies during driving. This usually happens on a hot day. It has happened three times now and I have been driving it for about 4 months. However summer is coming and I am concerned about getting stranded.

Otherwise the engine starts up fine, has plenty of power, runs fine. It maybe backfires a little but that's it. Has anyone seen these symptoms before?

Eric
ArtechnikA
in addition to all the normal tuneup stuff that must be up to snuff, i'd find someone who can verify that your fuel pressure is right, and correct it if it's not.
skline
Check your CHT sensor when you do a tuneup. I had that problem before. D-Jet system.
ehick72
It is due for a tuneup. I will see if that helps. Also the FI had about $1500 worth of work done to it before I got it. The may have not put it back together correctly.

Thanks for the help,

Eric
SLITS
Like the Shalom owner said.....check the CHT!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.