Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adapting a 77 2.7 s cis into the 914 wiring harness?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
funk
do people adapt the 911 2.7 fuel injection systems into their 914 harness? I did not see a
2.7 adapter harness on patrikmotorsports like the 3.6 harnesses they sell so I am wondering what people do?I hate to cut into anything I hear 13 pin or 9 pin and of course it would be so much nices to somehow adapt with a 911 harness even so this must require splicing? I dunno?
funk
what no replys?from what I have read it sounds like I can use an electromotive cpu just power the cpu up and go distrubutorless with stock csi? not totally positive more research I am hoping for some chime ins?
mepstein
PM perry keihl on this site. He makes custom harnesses so he will know what to do. PMS does not sell a simple adapting harness to go 2.7 cis to 914.
GeorgeRud
As the CIS is actually a mechanically controlled injection system, you really only have to play with your alternator and ignition system choice on the wiring harness. Auto Atlanta sells a nice book on the 914-4 to 914-6 conversion that has the harness pin outs to let you do the conversion into the relay board. I use an Electromotive ignition on my car and love it, so I'd recommend it over the old Bosch CDI and distributor.
IronHillRestorations
I've never made a harness "jumper". In 15+ years of making conversion harnesses, I've only made two for CIS engines,but I can make whatever you need.
Steve
Does it have a built in regulator? If it does, you can dump the relay board, buy a male 14 pin connector and make a harness. That's what I did with my 2.7, now a 3.2.
I just did a stare and compare between the Haynes 914 manual and the haynes 911 manual to do it. Not that hard to do.
If your not comfortable with wiring have Perry make you one.
funk
thanks so much for the reply's this gives me confidence to buy the motor you all are Rockin folk. more info the better bump
Bgyglfr
When I did a 2.7 CIS motor in a 914, I just pulled the harness apart and rerouted each wire individually back to the 14 pin so it would reach the relay board. From there it was just a matter of matching wiring diagrams between the 914 and the 2.7 harness to get the wiring sorted in the 14 pin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.