Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: left + right cushion w/ cord fabric for 914/6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
IAA1963
Hi,

I am searching for original seat cushions for the left and right seat. The right cushion is for the early fixed seat. They should have the early broader black cord fabric.
My /6 was build in 05/70 and is being fully restored. Last two items I need to complete the interior are these two cushions.

Mark
Tom_T
QUOTE(IAA1963 @ May 13 2017, 11:04 AM) *

Hi,

I am searching for original seat cushions for the left and right seat. The right cushion is for the early fixed seat. They should have the early broader black cord fabric.
My /6 was build in 05/70 and is being fully restored. Last two items I need to complete the interior are these two cushions.

Mark

Mark, I assume that you mean the black corduroy fabric?

It will be very hard to find it original & not worn out by now, but you might try talking directly with George Hussey at Auto Atlanta to see if he knows of any, or if he has any NOS fabbric to have yours or another core set recovered.

Autos International in Fallbrook or World Upholstery in Ventura (both CA) may have a close substitute fabric with which they can recover them, as another option.

If you are restoring & prepping for the PCA Parade in Spokane next month, then you may also want to discuss any other items/issues/concerns with George as well, cuz he's been through the process many times since the 914s first came out in 1970.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
IAA1963
Hi Tom,

Yes, I mean the black corduroy.

I was is contac with George and I have bought a couple of his NOS items, but he does not have the original corduroy.
I know some substitute fabrics, but I have two original seat back pads w/ black early corduroy and I would prefer to add two used seat cushions. The seat back pads lost a little bit color, but other than that they do not have any issues. So maybe someone has a nice matching seat cushion.

Mark
tweet
I have this one. Not perfect but still very usable. You can use fabric dye once you have all of the pieces to color match together. It is not blue, some fading on seat top.
IAA1963
Thank you, but this looks like the later corduroy.
IAA1963
This is the early corduroy fabric I am looking for:

Click to view attachment

And for comparison ... this is the later corduroy fabric:

Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Do you have access to a fabric store? They usually have all types of cord material for coats, pants etc.
IAA1963
I have just found a very nice original driver seat with the correct early vinyl and corduroy fabric. The cordory is not worn out and without any damage. That a find piratenanner.gif

So I am still looking for an original black corduary fabric cushion for the fixed passanger seat. This is the final piece I need to complete the interior of my /6 ...

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
Try Brad Mayeur at 914 Limited. His id on the world is 914ltd or give him a call 309-694-1797. I'm hitting the Stoddard Swap meet this weekend and I will see if I can find anything there for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.