Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Stand - Flywheel - Vice - SF Area Shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sketchc13
I'm looking for the following:
- workbench mounted engine stand
- vice
- credible SF Bay shop that can do head work (valve seat and guide replacement, port/polishing)
- Lightened flywheel

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Andrew
iankarr
Shouldn't be too hard to find Vice and head work in the SF area...smile.gif
Dominic
QUOTE(sketchc13 @ May 13 2017, 09:07 PM) *

- vice
- credible SF Bay shop that can do head work (valve seat and guide replacement, port/polishing)
- Lightened flywheel

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew,
For the head work, you should ask Dave Bonbright @ Engine Masters, he has a small shop (in his garage) in Sonoma, his number is (707) 938-8122. He's been doing Air Cooled Porsche and VW Machining for almost 50 years.

Cheers,
Dominic
Mueller
QUOTE(Dominic @ May 14 2017, 01:41 PM) *

QUOTE(sketchc13 @ May 13 2017, 09:07 PM) *

- vice
- Lightened flywheel

Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew,
For the head work, you should ask Dave Bonbright @ Engine Masters, he has a small shop (in his garage) in Sonoma, his number is (707) 938-8122. He's been doing Air Cooled Porsche and VW Machining for almost 50 years.

Cheers,
Dominic

Dominic,

Do you remember a guy that did heads near the San Jose Airport, had a small shop in an industrial park, used an old manual Bridgeport mill for doing the heads. I want say his 1st name is John or Dave? I think Bugformance was just a few blocks away.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.