Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Numbered Wiring Labels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
I noticed that my wires in the dash have small, white numbered labels. Many are falling off. As I rebuild this car, I'd like to replace with new labels. Anyone know where I can these. It's a 1974 2.0.

hanks,
Dan
Tom_T
Dan,

You can probably just get some numbered tabs at Staples or Office Depot, or maybe an old school electrical shop.

TV shops used to sell sheets of them to use to keep track of the tubes in your TV or Radio, when you had to pull the tubes to take to the shop & test them all on their tesing machine to know which were bad, in order to get them working again. I dn't think they have those anymore.

You could also just hand letter some small Avery labels from Staples/O.D. too, or cut up larger sticky-back labels to make the tabs.

Don't forget to put tabs with the same number on the other receptacle or connector end too - 2x all numbers for both ends.

I don't think those were anything original, but rather something some PO or their mechanic/shop used to keep track of them while working.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
McMark
They're not factory, so do whatever you want.
jim_hoyland
Electronic supply stores sell sheets of peel off numbers. I bought mine at MarVacs in Costa Mesa, CA. Worked great when I removed all the wires from the fuse panel; but over time they began to fall off.
I now use a Brother label printer. The labels stick much better and you have some options for tape width and colors. Got mine at Costco ($25) It comes with two black on white tapes 10mm and 12mm; I later bought some smaller tapes in different colors on eBay.
dgraves
Thanks, guys. Appreciate the options. I'll look into those.
forrestkhaag
Jim is spot on with the Brother label maker as the tape allows you to double it onto itself around the wire and it will not come off thereafter.
beerchug.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 14 2017, 07:45 AM) *

Jim is spot on with the Brother label maker as the tape allows you to double it onto itself around the wire and it will not come off thereafter.
beerchug.gif

Good point ! I did that. Those labels aren't coming off for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.