Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ok, so where does THIS hose go?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JHop
See pic. Found this without anything attached. Anyone know where the hose that I assume should attach to this leads to? Current options are back to the vac valve on the dizzy or to the oil bath air cleaner...or not. Could this be what has been making the car run like crap?

Click to view attachment
Intubator
There's a vacuum attachment to the left of the big slotted screw head in the photo. I'll bet it goes there. On another note, your throttle return spring is about to break in two different spots where it attaches to the arm.
JHop
Yow! I see that! Thanks!

Ok, let me ask this question in different way... I discovered that port to the left of the screw...I connect a hose to it there and then attach it to where? I think the PO had re routed a bunch of stuff...
cary
Where is the other end of the hose ?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_17FI_diag.htm
JHop
At the moment, it is connected to nothing...I think it's supposed to go back to the distributor? That diagram seems to say so...I had the hose from the dizzy to the air cleaner, but that doesn't seem accurate, then I found this open vac port by the TB...
McMark
That's the vacuum advance port. It goes on the distributor vacuum can. If there's two, it goes on the one pointing away from the rotor.
JHop
Perfect! Thanks all for the info guys...this is my first 914 and I'm going through my noob phase! Trying to learn all I can.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.