Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 2.2L S Engine. Long block only.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
daytona
Hi guys,
This is not exactly a 914 part, but you could use it on a 914 or maybe even on that 1970 911 project you have sitting in the garage waiting for the right engine.
About 18 months ago I purchase a 74' 914-6 conversion that had this 2.2L S engine. I am installing a 3.0L in the car and the 2.2 is now for sale. I am selling just the long block with the distributor. Up until last week this engine was in a running and driving car. Other than the peripheral stuff this is a strong running plug and play engine that is ready to go.
It has not been sitting in a garage for years, and no need to rebuild. It is ready to go.
I'll post some photos and a link to a Youtube video of the engine running, and the car driving.
Asking $28K. Will consider reasonable offers. If you have specific questions you can contact me easier by e-mail at cebotech1@yahoo.com.
Bill.

5/20/2017.
Hi guys, here is some additional information about the engine that I found from when I purchased the car. This information was given to me by the previous owner.
2.2L S engine.
Case: Aligned boned, squinters installed shuffle pinned, time certs.
New chains/ramps/bearings.
New rings.
Crank turned and drilled for oiling.
Flywheel turned and balanced.
Someone also asked for the part number on the distributor and so here it is: Bosh 0 231 159 006. I should also have the leak down numbers on Monday.

5-31-2017. Finally am back in the US and have additional information that was requested by a few interested individuals. Here are the leak down numbers that were read with cold engine (it is already out of the car) at room temp. Spark plugs nice and clean.
1 - 9%.
2 - 10%.
3 - 12%.
4 - 8%.
5 - 12%.
6 - 12%.
scallyk9
Is that really $28k for only a long block or did you forget the decimal?
gcrotvik
You will need to provide the serial number to prove it's an s motor.
bdstone914
And some pictures and details. If you really expect that price you should post it in the Early 911 S Registry.
daytona
Hi bdstone914,
Yes, the engine is posted in the Early 911 registry. I posted here also because I know that many 914 owners also own early 911s.

scallyk9, yes, the price of the long block is $28K without the decimal.

And here are some photos. Hope they post ok. First photo is from today showing the engine just removed from the car. Also photos of the engine in the car, and of the car its self that some of you are familiar with. If there are any specific questions regarding the engine I can put you in touch with the shop doing the work.
Here is also a link to youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJkwd4RO9E of the engine running and the car driving.

Engine serial number is 6301335, you can see it plainly in the youtube video.

5-31-2017. Finally am back in the US and have additional information that was requested by a few interested individuals. Here are the leak down numbers that were read with cold engine (it is already out of the car) at room temp. Spark plugs nice and clean.
1 - 9%.
2 - 10%.
3 - 12%.
4 - 8%.
5 - 12%.
6 - 12%.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
6freak
28 K for a used 2.2 with no car attached to it... lol-2.gif cool car BTW
mtndawg
Long block only yikes.gif
daytona
Hi guys,
Here is a link to youtube video of the engine running and the car driving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whJkwd4RO9E . No fair to comment on cinematography. This video is only meant to show the engine running and the car driving.
Bill.
daytona
Here is some additional information that I added to the original post today.

5/20/2017.
Hi guys, here is some additional information about the engine that I found from when I purchased the car. This information was given to me by the previous owner.
2.2L S engine. #6301335.
Case: Aligned boned, squinters installed shuffle pinned, time certs.
New chains/ramps/bearings.
New rings.
Crank turned and drilled for oiling.
Flywheel turned and balanced.
Someone also asked for the part number on the distributor and so here it is: Bosh 0 231 159 006. I should also have the leak down numbers on Monday.
daytona
Finally am back in the US and have additional information that was requested by a few interested individuals. Here are the leak down numbers that were read with cold engine (it is already out of the car) at room temp. Spark plugs nice and clean.
1 - 9%.
2 - 10%.
3 - 12%.
4 - 8%.
5 - 12%.
6 - 12%.

This information was also added to the original post. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the engine and its condition.
yellow75
No MFI? Shouldn't a 2.2 S motor have MFI? Mine sure did..
daytona
Hi yellow75,
no, no MFI. The engine has been running on weber carbs. I am keeping the webers for the 3.0L going in the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.