Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice looking Bumble bee for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
scallyk9
This one appears to be an accurate and fine example and in better condition cosmetically than mine. However, it does give me pause that the seller covered up the last four numbers of the VIN on the COA? Odd?
914outlaw
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ May 15 2017, 01:50 PM) *

This one appears to be an accurate and fine example and in better condition cosmetically than mine. However, it does give me pause that the seller covered up the last four numbers of the VIN on the COA? Odd?

Not surprising since it looks like this guy's ad again and a different ebay id. Just weird.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=305244&hl=
mettelman
and I was unable to find the VIN of the car itself. Engine number is there and matches COA, kinda suspicious don't you think?
87m491
Reserve hit and car will sell, current bid $25,000.

QUOTE(mettelman @ May 15 2017, 12:16 PM) *

and I was unable to find the VIN of the car itself. Engine number is there and matches COA, kinda suspicious don't you think?

Cal
Nice car but there are some things that aren't correct....

Hood crest
Wheel caps look like aftermarket
Dash cover
Window winder handles '75/76 model year
Carpet not original
Interior dome light
FI hoses
Chrome tip exhaust
Side markers mounted wrong
Front trunk headlight motor covers should be black plastic....not gray
Sound dampening pad held on with bolts

anything else?
Ferg
QUOTE(Cal @ May 23 2017, 01:03 PM) *

Nice car but there are some things that aren't correct....

Hood crest
Wheel caps look like aftermarket
Dash cover
Window winder handles '75/76 model year
Carpet not original
Interior dome light
FI hoses
Chrome tip exhaust
Side markers mounted wrong
Front trunk headlight motor covers should be black plastic....not gray
Sound dampening pad held on with bolts

anything else?

Grey headlight motor covers are correct, they should be Grey for March to May LE cars.
scallyk9
Mine has a Porsche crest on the front hood and it's an orange bar one. It's on the invoice as a dealer installed No Charge item, and that's original enough for me. This one also has an early orange bar crest so it was probably dealer-installed.
rgalla9146
If the seller will admit that his name is Frank Schilling hang up the phone
He is an absolute ASSHOLE.
gcrotvik
Yep, lostreasure's garage.
TonyA
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ May 25 2017, 07:02 PM) *

Yep, lostreasure's garage.

RUN As fast as you can you won't get a response from him
scallyk9
Sold for a bit over $27k. Nice car! I think the "losttreasure's garage" Bumblebee is the one that recently ended up in the UK; no rocker jack points, emblems on the hub covers, chrome on the rear wing trim, et cetera.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.