Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone need some chassis parts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
well..this saturday im cutting up my parts car (if anyone still wants to come, youre welcome, just pm me)

and i wanted to know if you guys were needing any chassis parts...

post a picture of what you need, when i cut up the car, ill tell you whether or not that part is any good (many parts are junk)

and then we can work it from there
Verruckt
RR suspension ear? I know it's prolly a longshot ( praying smiley )

Front weatherseal channel between the headlights?

Let me know. Thanks.
Bruce Allert
how 'bout a gud runnin' 2.0? C H E A P ! real cheap... cheaper'nshit...... (cain't git no cheaper n'dat) laugh.gif

......b
xsboost90
have any pressure plate bolts?
kafermeister
How about the piece that's missing in this picture?
bd1308
front clip(front all the way to tank)
tat2dphreak
I'm still needing flapper/thermostat pieces, a pass-side seat rail, the "foam" foot rest that goes on the front firewall in 72+ cars...

i love porsche
QUOTE (Verruckt @ May 10 2005, 01:49 PM)

Let me know. Thanks.

ill be sure to take a good look at the suspension ear, and see how good it is, ill take pics for you
passenger or driver side?

unfortunately no engine parts are available.. its a 1.7 and im using it for my project

now...about the front clip, and the bumper mount

i took part of the front trunk out, for my car, so im not sure if youre going to want the whole front clip...also, i think the fenders have a good amount of bondo on them, but nonetheless ill check

and the bumper mount ill check also
kafermeister
Thanks Aaron.
Verruckt
QUOTE (i love porsche @ May 10 2005, 04:22 PM)

Let me know. Thanks.

ill be sure to take a good look at the suspension ear, and see how good it is, ill take pics for you

Sorry, I meant passenger side. I know it's a longshot, just thought I'd ask. Also, the weatherseal channel between the headlights... If it's not as bad as mine, I would be interested in that. Thanks.
jd74914
I'm looking for the drivers side front bumper mount.
i love porsche
gotcha
pjf
How about the metal around the front directionals? My fenders are dented in here and could use to weld in something better.
bd1308
QUOTE (i love porsche @ May 10 2005, 04:22 PM)

Let me know. Thanks.

unfortunately no engine parts are available.. its a 1.7 and im using it for my project

now...about the front clip, and the bumper mount

i took part of the front trunk out, for my car, so im not sure if youre going to want the whole front clip...also, i think the fenders have a good amount of bondo on them, but nonetheless ill check

and the bumper mount ill check also

shit, you're in jersey...i have family there....might be able to grab that front. idea.gif having part of the floor is good enuf, i will weld more in
i love porsche
QUOTE (pjf @ May 11 2005, 05:47 PM)
How about the metal around the front directionals? My fenders are dented in here and could use to weld in something better.

bd1308

it seems people want lots of pieces from the front end...and the whole thing doesnt look that good anyways...sorry about this one

do you mean the sidemarkers or signal buckets....ill look at em, about how much metal do you need?
pjf
I mean the signal buckets. The metal around the side markers is fine but it may be easier to cut out the metal including them. I've attached pictures of the left and right sides of the car to give you a better idea of what I need. I figure if you cut where its easiest for you, I should be able to do the same and weld your pieces in. Thanks for considering this. I was not looking forward to figuring out how to repair this part of my car. If you can do it, this will be a big help.
pjf
Being a newbie, I couldn't put both photos in one post so here is the left side photo. As you can see more damage on this side. Thanks again!
Series9
This:
messix
sheet metal?

how about drivers side from sail panel down to door handle back to end of sail panel including into door jamb.
i love porsche
ok...bumper mounts...bad
suspension ear, bad
metal around the turn signal...good, ill get that off and send them
RS: which part of the picture do you need? where the screw holes are?

the entire rear fenders are bad, prettymuch all bondo and rust...this whole car was made of bondo it seems, its about as stiff as a wet noodle
Series9
QUOTE (i love porsche @ May 14 2005, 01:03 PM)
RS: which part of the picture do you need? where the screw holes are?

Yes, where the door mounts.

It would take me longer to Photoshop the outline than to describe what I need in text. (pretty sorry, but true. Anyone want to give me a Photoshop class?)

The fender is good. It was replaced after this car was previously T-boned. The car also has a new door.

What I need is the metal from the vertical door sill forward to the point where it joins the fender. You can see that it's screwed up. I need that metal.
i love porsche
ill get the parts asap

look at how this car was put together, such great craftmanship
kafermeister
QUOTE (i love porsche @ May 14 2005, 04:03 PM)
ok...bumper mounts...bad

np. Thanks for checking Aaron.

Rick
pjf
Thanks for cutting out the metal around the front directionals. Please send me an email (pfalabella@verizon.net) so we can make arrangements.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.