Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA Chasing the Dragon Hillclimb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
naro914
Yeah, I'm sure this should be posted in the Paddock forum, but more of you 'live' hear and probably never go over 'there'....

This past weekend, we once again ran the SCCA Chasing The Dragon Hillclimb outside of Robbinsville, NC - Joyce Kilmer National Park area. We skipped 2016 since we were away that weekend, but made sure we made it this year.

We've been doing this event since 2013 - and for a while they ran two a year. This is #11, so we've done #'s 4-11 missing only #10. My fastest time EVER was a 133.xx (seconds) and THAT was with Papa Smurf. Since then, we only run Huey for this event for multiple reasons... but could never get anywhere close to the 133 mark.

Last year, we put Koni adjustable shocks on Huey. Wow...what a difference they made!! I adjusted to full soft....and in the end cut 5 seconds off my fastest time EVER!! Got down to 128.6!!! piratenanner.gif

Anyway, here's the video...and while it doesn't look dramatic, at the 3:07 mark I had to catch it from swapping ends!! Felt worse than it looks..

And yes...the route IS that bumpy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uax6rs5X2tk
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif
6freak
Nice work ! car sounds great
smile.gif
76-914
Keep 'em coming. beerchug.gif
naro914
for those that don't know Huey - stock 3.2 liter engine (about 230 hp), stock 901 trans, Koni adjustables, street legal...it runs in GT2 class!! Same class as Papa Smurf (360 hp, coil overs with remote reservoir adjustable shocks, 915 trans, wing, splitter, 12" slicks in back, 11" front, weighs 400# less than Huey) and same class as 996/997 cup cars.

And I finished 9th overall!! 7 of the top 8 were hillclimb or Time Trial specific built cars, one BMW with over 670 rwhp!!

Little 914 peddled up that hill pretty well all things considered...
jim_hoyland
Nice going ! beerchug.gif
r_towle
nice run, and great to see you did not give up and both cars are alive and well.
johnhora
THANKS BOB !

It's always great to watch you run up the hill...
You have definitely got the 914-6 dialed in....
just get her off the line and a few shifts and your flying all the way to the top..
naro914
As much fun as it is to do this with Huey, I really wish we could use Papa Smurf. But the course is way too rough for the ride height. Did it our first time years ago with Papa and ground our headers completely through!!
mgp4591
QUOTE(naro914 @ May 17 2017, 10:07 AM) *

As much fun as it is to do this with Huey, I really wish we could use Papa Smurf. But the course is way too rough for the ride height. Did it our first time years ago with Papa and ground our headers completely through!!

Ouch - it really IS that bumpy! More fortitude than I sir!! driving.gif
914-300Hemi
smilie_pokal.gif

Great video. Keep them coming.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.