Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Driver side door stripped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
wes
Free drivers side door stripped and pretty rough, just thought I'd ask before I send it to scrap! Click to view attachment
wes
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment ah but it's free!
PlaysWithCars
Would it appear to be in better condition if you tried putting it on the correct side of the car? The driver's side. poke.gif

Bet it didn't fit worth a damn on the passenger side. av-943.gif
Jason 914-6
It's a passenger door down here poke.gif RHD countries.
is it an early or late ?
Olympic 914
Late 1-73 >

Late window mechanism and door bars.

Looks like someone had a speaker in it at one time.
wes
Ok I stand corrected been spending to much time in Thailand where it would be a passenger door. ( really a senior moment ha ha)
I used the window mechanism for my car and it's been taking valuable space in my garage too long must go through feeling guilty just giving it to scrap. Yes it's probably worthless but free, you can see in the one picture bondo has been added plus some rust and very interesting cutout for speaker. But it's free no shipping. Looks like I may be heading to Monterey from Ukiah Friday and returning Saturday if it's easy I could drop it off. Now this could be very valuable for somebody who wants to build a car with lots of patina I hear it's popular in LA now!
malcolm2
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 16 2017, 08:46 AM) *

and maybe some bondo? lots of oozing of something visible in the lower left inside cavity.

wes
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ May 16 2017, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 16 2017, 08:46 AM) *

and maybe some bondo? lots of oozing of something visible in the lower left inside cavity.

Yes that's the bondo, remember it's free and the bondo gives you that extra extra weight you've been looking for!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.