Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: bottom engine tin pieces 1.7l
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
theer
Looking for the flat engine tin pieces covering the bottom of the cylinders, and thermostat, for 1.7l. These are the pieces that connect to the bottom of the engine block on the inside and the HE on the outside.

Mine are bent to hell. Need both sides. Looking for decent & straight. This is not a show car.

Thanks,
Tom
bdstone914
QUOTE(theer @ May 15 2017, 07:32 PM) *

Looking for the flat engine tin pieces covering the bottom of the cylinders, and thermostat, for 1.7l. These are the pieces that connect to the bottom of the engine block on the inside and the HE on the outside.

Mine are bent to hell. Need both sides. Looking for decent & straight. This is not a show car.

Thanks,
Tom

Sounds like you are referring to the warm air guides. What year is the car? The passenger side is the same for all years but the drivers is different or tail shift or side shift transmission cars.
theer
Thanks for clarifying - I was not aware of the differences.

Ah well, the year of the car is an interesting question...

The car is a '72, but the motor is the 1.7l from a '70... but I have the later side-shifts trans. So, I guess that means I need the later tin piece for the driver side.
mepstein
QUOTE(theer @ May 16 2017, 08:55 AM) *

Thanks for clarifying - I was not aware of the differences.

Ah well, the year of the car is an interesting question...

The car is a '72, but the motor is the 1.7l from a '70... but I have the later side-shifts trans. So, I guess that means I need the later tin piece for the driver side.

Correct
theer
Bump. Anyone?

KevinW
QUOTE(theer @ May 16 2017, 03:19 PM) *

Bump. Anyone?

Is this what you are looking for?
theer
Exactly. Thanks Kevin. That's the driver side, need the passenger side as well
bdstone914
QUOTE(theer @ May 17 2017, 04:25 AM) *

Exactly. Thanks Kevin. That's the driver side, need the passenger side as well

No that is not the correct part. That is a drivers side from a 75-76
theer
Wait, what?

I have the side-shift transmission on an early car, so I do need the late engine tin... right?

theer
.. and still looking for a passenger side piece...
bdstone914
QUOTE(theer @ May 17 2017, 07:32 AM) *

Wait, what?

I have the side-shift transmission on an early car, so I do need the late engine tin... right?

That part is76-76 only
914werke
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 17 2017, 09:13 AM) *
QUOTE(theer @ May 17 2017, 07:32 AM) *
Wait, what? I have the side-shift transmission on an early car, so I do need the late engine tin... right?
That part is 76-76 only

I think Bruce meant 75-76 only. The part pictured is one of the warm air guides for a LATE HE system found on all 75-76 cars.
You are looking for the same type of part but for any Side shift equipped car prior to 75
theer
OK, Thanks everyone for the input. Who knew... there arre three different pieces for that one area. Oh well.

I found this on fleabay, which I think is the correct driver's side piece I will need:

Click to view attachment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENGINE-TIN-Btm-COV...2z3&vxp=mtr

It's missing one of the attachment tabs, so quite pricey at $38, IMHO.

AA has them, too, but almost twice that. Sheesh.

I put my shitty early one on and it "fits", although the shift linkage rod is really tight in the channel. Might just go with that for now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.