Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front flasher lights & side marker questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dgraves
Ok. Patience everyone. I'm assembling this project car - 1974 2.0 now that it's back from the paint shop.

1) My front flasher light lens look suspicious. They are two toned...clear bottom and orange top, but I only have one light bulb in the top of the fixture. Is this the correct fixture? Correct lens? It feels weird to have a two toned lens with one bulb.

2) The flasher fixture has three prongs labeled 31, 57, and BL. I'm guessing the 31 is ground based on the schematic. What the heck is BL?

3) Are the front side marker running lights when the headlights are on or are they flashers, as well?

Thanks to all. You don't know how helpful this forum is to a new 914 owner.

Dan

falcor75
QUOTE(dgraves @ May 16 2017, 06:10 AM) *

Ok. Patience everyone. I'm assembling this project car - 1974 2.0 now that it's back from the paint shop.

1) My front flasher light lens look suspicious. They are two toned...clear bottom and orange top, but I only have one light bulb in the top of the fixture. Is this the correct fixture? Correct lens? It feels weird to have a two toned lens with one bulb.

2) The flasher fixture has three prongs labeled 31, 57, and BL. I'm guessing the 31 is ground based on the schematic. What the heck is BL?

3) Are the front side marker running lights when the headlights are on or are they flashers, as well?

Thanks to all. You don't know how helpful this forum is to a new 914 owner.

Dan

Wrong lens, you have the euro style lens with the clear marker light and amber indicator.
US cars had an all amber lens from the factory.
bandjoey
Several threads here on converting the light to 2 bulbs to make use of the clear portion.
jcd914
It was quite common to put Euro front lens on US light housings and ignore that the US housing only has 1 bulb and the Euro housing and lens are set up for 2 bulbs. If you like the look of it leave as is or convert your housing to use 2 bulbs. If you prefer the US look of solid amber lens get some US lens and replace your euro lens. If your euro lens are Hella lens in good condition they are worth some money.

31 is always ground for german cars.
Not sure what the others are, my digram shows:
49L - Black/White wire is Left Turn Signal
49R - Black/Green wire is Right Turn Signal

58 - Green/Black is Left Parking/Running Light and also goes to Left Side Marker
58 - Green/Red is Right Parking/Running Light and also goes to Right Side Marker

Good luck

Jim
Spoke
You could always keep the lens and install a white/amber LED board. beerchug.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBFT2LwVhc
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Spoke @ May 16 2017, 08:40 AM) *

You could always keep the lens and install a white/amber LED board. beerchug.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBFT2LwVhc

I just ordered mine (Euro style).
piratenanner.gif
dgraves
QUOTE(jcd914 @ May 15 2017, 11:23 PM) *

It was quite common to put Euro front lens on US light housings and ignore that the US housing only has 1 bulb and the Euro housing and lens are set up for 2 bulbs. If you like the look of it leave as is or convert your housing to use 2 bulbs. If you prefer the US look of solid amber lens get some US lens and replace your euro lens. If your euro lens are Hella lens in good condition they are worth some money.

31 is always ground for german cars.
Not sure what the others are, my digram shows:
49L - Black/White wire is Left Turn Signal
49R - Black/Green wire is Right Turn Signal

58 - Green/Black is Left Parking/Running Light and also goes to Left Side Marker
58 - Green/Red is Right Parking/Running Light and also goes to Right Side Marker

Good luck

Jim

I had a feeling it was a mixed bag of lighting. Thanks for the info. I'll fix the lights and change out the lens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.