Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vintage Pennsylvania Inspection Stickers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
I friend told me he had come across a bunch of old original inspection stickers and gave me one in case I wanted to put it on my car when its done.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

In Pennsylvania if you have a classic or antique plate you don't need to have a yearly inspection and many guys leave on the old sticker, just for car shows and stuff. in my case the last time my car was inspected was 1989 since that was the last time it was road legal. and I still have that sticker on my car. Since I will not be running a classic or antique car plate I will be subject to the yearly inspections and will not be able to use this old sticker. But it is a very cool thing to have, he gave me the blue one since my car is Blue...

Depending on when my car was purchased new this may have been the first inspection sticker that was on the car, I will have to check.

He has a pretty good selection of these old stickers from 72-76 in the various colors and patterns that they were printed in. and sells them for $15.00 a piece.

if anyone is interested PM me.

Tom_T
Too Cool!

As being born a PGHer myself - that's pretty cool, but my 914 is a SoCal car, so not usable for me.

If my aunt were still alive back there, I'd get one for her 67 Olds Tornado , but it's now gone too! IIRC when she had it, the last sticker was 69 or 70.

Go Hornets! ... errr Penquins! piratenanner.gif

.... sorry, but I still find Hornets a more threatening team name, than a bunch of "wadlding birds"! biggrin.gif

Go Bucs & Steelers too! piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
////////
914dave
Really cool!!
Elliot Cannon
Been a fan since a LONG time ago. biggrin.gif Lived the first ten years of my life in Clairton. smile.gif
TM_Corey
Those are cool!

My car had an Indiana inspection sticker in the front window but it was in pretty bad shape. On the other hand, the original owners USAC Mechanic pit pass was also still in the front windshield and is in great shape.
Olympic 914
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ May 16 2017, 10:29 AM) *

Been a fan since a LONG time ago. biggrin.gif Lived the first ten years of my life in Clairton. smile.gif

That's why they call it the Steelers Nation

Click to view attachment

Yeah everything rusts around here laugh.gif
mepstein
Im surprised you dont want to run antique plates in PA. PA antique allows for driving to work and driving at night. One time vehicle registration and no inspection ever. I dont see any downside.
Olympic 914
Copied from the Pennsylvania vehicle code.

USE OF ANTIQUE, CLASSIC AND VINTAGE REGISTRATION PLATES The use of antique, classic and vintage registration plates is governed by Section 1340 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, which states: “It is unlawful for any person to operate a motorcycle or vehicle with antique, classic or vintage registration plates for general daily transportation. Permitted use shall be limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses.” Occasional transportation and similar uses are defined as one day a week. Although buses and trucks are eligible for antique, classic and vintage registration plates, buses MAY NOT be used to transport passengers and trucks MAY NOT haul cargo. Antique, classic and vintage registration plates are not available for motorized pedalcycles or motor homes.

I don't need to give John Law any reason to pull me over.

And I really don't like the plate.

Click to view attachment

gereed75
Elliot. You are from Clairton!?!? My wife's family owned the Bluebird restaurant on St Clair. We lived on Halcomb Ave ( next street up from St Clair). Sold my first six while living there.

Whole town is pretty much in the cappe now. I live in Jefferson Boro now
mepstein
Ive never had a cop in this state or any other NJ, MD, DE even give me a second glance but I realize each person has to go with what they feel comfortable.

I guess when i get all 4 - 914's running, i can follow closer to the letter of the law biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(gereed75 @ May 16 2017, 10:52 AM) *

Elliot. You are from Clairton!?!? My wife's family owned the Bluebird restaurant on St Clair. We lived on Halcomb Ave ( next street up from St Clair). Sold my first six while living there.

Whole town is pretty much in the cappe now. I live in Jefferson Boro now

Yep. 706B Lafayette Dr. in what was then called Malmedy Village. I went to Miller Avenue grade school till the fifth grade. My mail carrier Father decided the winters were just too much, so we moved to California in 1956. You can go down Miller Avenue on Google Maps street view and it seems like everything in town is boarded up. sad.gif Boom town till the steel industry closed up. The good news it the Monogahela river has cleaned up a bit. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.