Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Air Flow Meter (AFM) or any year circuit board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
dudzy's914
Looking for an Air Flow Meter for a 1975 Porsche 914 1.8l L-Jet. Must be in perfect working condition.

Thanks,
Finn
malcolm2
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ May 16 2017, 02:49 PM) *

Looking for an Air Flow Meter for a 1975 Porsche 914 1.8l L-Jet. Must be in perfect working condition.

Thanks,
Finn

They are out there. I searched and searched, ended up with 2. I thought the 1st one was crap, but it turns out I had a BAD vacuum leak.

So I ended up with a known good spare. You will find one, keep looking.

Remember, the stock 75 L-Jet AFM has 7 pins. Make sure to ask how many pins and if the flapper moves freely. Also ask if the seal has been broken on the plastic lid or if it has a "rebuilt sticker".

Let me know if you need help, I ended up learning a lot.

Clark
dudzy's914
Would also consider finding a unit with a good circuit board (any year) that I can can install in my bad unit
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ May 18 2017, 12:48 PM) *

Would also consider finding a unit with a good circuit board (any year) that I can can install in my bad unit

Hi,
I have an AFM with a faulty door.(sticky) the circuit board is good.
your welcome to it, pay for shipping and it is yours for free.

Tjmrfe
QUOTE(Tjmrfe @ May 18 2017, 03:40 PM) *

QUOTE(dudzy's914 @ May 18 2017, 12:48 PM) *

Hi,
I have an AFM with a faulty door.(sticky) the circuit board is good.
your welcome to it, pay for shipping and it is yours for free.

its from a 75 1.8

pete000
These are actually pretty easy to tune up. Lots of videos on You Tube. I had one I thought was junk, rebuilt it and its perfect now.
dudzy's914
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 18 2017, 08:42 PM) *

These are actually pretty easy to tune up. Lots of videos on You Tube. I had one I thought was junk, rebuilt it and its perfect now.

It is my circuit board that is bad but other wise is fine
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.