Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trunk solenoid....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tjmrfe
Hey guys,
Hopefully someone can send me a close up picture or two of how this damn trunk release solenoid attaches to the trunk release mechanism....
Or, a picture of the instructions?
I mistakenly took my latch off, and didn't note how it mounted with the solenoid...now, I feel like an idiot and can't seem to get the damn thing to work! Probably easier than I'm making it, but regardless I'm jammed up....thanks in advance.
tygaboy
Mine's like this...
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(tygaboy @ May 16 2017, 03:35 PM) *

Mine's like this...

You are the Man...
That was all I needed, I'd tell you what I did wrong, but would be afraid of the ribbing I'd take! Lol....
So, thanks for your time and effort in helping an old soldier fix his trusty steed,....
jim_hoyland
I used one for several years; I found a keeper spring helped out. I'll have to post a pic to show what it looks like.....it helped.
Rand
Eliminate all that crap. The trunk lid doesn't lift unless you are under extreme conditions. At that point, use a pin or something. Solenoid releases were cool in the 70s. Let it go now.
SO.O.C914er
Ok if not the solenoid then what is the best way to go. I have the old school pull cable. headbang.gif confused24.gif
oakdalecurtis
I have a rear reflector lens, so I can not use the original push button. I STRONGLY suggest the you add a small cable attached to the release arm in the trunk and run it through a small hole in the bottom of the trunk. Have the cable end up where it cannot be seen from the back of the car, and put a small pull tip on it, see pictures. I guarantee that at some point the solenoid will stick or the battery is too low and it will not release the trunk lid when you need it most. The cable is a backup that you can always use to open the trunk.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.