Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sticking fuel level sending unit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsaum
Just ran out of gas this afternoon for the first time, my gauge was reading 1/4 full. I read the tech article on how to clean the sending unit last summer and got it working better but now it seems to be worse. Anyone have any insight on the best way to clean and get it working properly? I priced out a new one and they range anywhere from $99.00 to $200.00. Should I just bite the bullet and buy a new one? Anyone bought the cheaper range and had good luck with it?
bdstone914
I have several good used ones for $75 each.
You can pull them and soak them in carb spray. There might me mechanical interference.

Bruce
914Sixer
I like to put them in paint lacquer thinner. Use a cup with about 2 oz. and let it soak for a little bit. Place your finger over the tiny hole to seal it up and shake. Keep repeating until you can hear the float go up and down when you tilt it left to right.
michael7810
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 17 2017, 04:34 AM) *

I like to put them in paint lacquer thinner. Use a cup with about 2 oz. and let it soak for a little bit. Place your finger over the tiny hole to seal it up and shake. Keep repeating until you can hear the float go up and down when you tilt it left to right.

This method worked for me when my gauge started sticking at 1/2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.