Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ignition switch wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chewy71
Hi, my 1975 ignition was bypassed with a pushstarter and a toggle switch. I bought the parts I think I need to return it to a keyed ignition but I am having trouble with the wiring. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 1975 ignition or some helpful photos you can share.

Is the 1975 the same as the 1974? Are there any differences in the years?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

chew

jim_hoyland
From a '75....
chewy71
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 18 2017, 05:43 PM) *

From a '75....

Jim,

thanks for the incredibly quick response. Amazing support on this site.
chewy71
QUOTE(chewy71 @ May 18 2017, 05:49 PM) *

From a '75....

Jim,

Does anyone know if the black connector is available in the market anywhere? I am assuming I need to get it from a salvage yard if I can find one.. When the car was modified one side was apparently thrown out and Soldering to the connector is not a good solution.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(chewy71 @ May 26 2017, 05:20 AM) *

QUOTE(chewy71 @ May 18 2017, 05:49 PM) *

From a '75....

Jim,

Does anyone know if the black connector is available in the market anywhere? I am assuming I need to get it from a salvage yard if I can find one.. When the car was modified one side was apparently thrown out and Soldering to the connector is not a good solution.

I had looked too; ended up using part of a wiring harness I picked up at a swap meet
mepstein
The 12 pin connector? They are available new.
jim_hoyland
You mean this connector ?
chewy71
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 26 2017, 07:04 PM) *

You mean this connector ?

Yes Jim, that is what I need. Don't happen to have a spare you want to sell do you? Even if you don't that pic will be a big help in locating exactly what I need.

Thanks a lot for the help.
jim_hoyland
Try a WTB ad in the classified forum. You can cop/paste the image connector into the ad.
JeffBowlsby
Its PN 111.953.631

Google it to find sources.
jim_hoyland
See: http://m.ebay.com/itm/281749658222?_mwBanner=1
914work
or right here biggrin.gif POST
chewy71
QUOTE(914werke @ May 29 2017, 02:06 PM) *

or right here biggrin.gif POST

So car is all back together. Was busy with work so a friend of mine took care of it for me. Car starts and runs great.

However, headlights won't go up. If I turn the lights on and press the break, the red and green light go on and everything is powered, with the key off. So if I turn the car off with my foot on the break and the lights on the car runs till I take ny foot off the brake.

Obviously I screwed up. the plug I used was from a 1975 and the wire ccolors matched. Assuming I gave him the wrong year plastic switch. Mine car is a 1975, I had 2 one for a 1974 and one for a 1975.

Gonna take it apart again and switch them. I am hoping this fixes the problem.
thanjs for the parts help everybody. Back to the drawing board tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.