Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pca Porsche Lakewood ca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sb914
I'll be there,display only
Tom_T
It would be great if you & others going would post some pix from the Porsche Show on here after the event! type.gif

I'll be there, but only judging!

I'm not sure in which car though, as I may bring the 85 325e to run over to the HB Concours to see the BMW-CCA Concours - if we're not done too late at GPX. If they want/need the awning attached to my Westy, then I'll bring that instead.

Here's the link for the Registration for anyone looking to go look, display or enter...

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/collee...and-prix-552109

Click to view attachment

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Yo-ho, Yo-ho .... piratenanner.gif

FYI for you Pirates with racers, AXers, highly modified 914s - even with Turbo, Subie, V8, EV, etc. non-Porsche engine swaps - there is a special division just for you, where you compete only with similar use or modified Porsches - see the SC Div. below.

Come by just to chat, visit & drooley.gif on the cool 914s & other P-cars, or to display your baby, or maybe even enter to show yours!

Remember that there is now a 914/914-6 only Class in every Division - so no more fighting with the taildragger & new fangled Porsches anymore for at least a 1st or 2nd in Class Trophy - with the areas judged in each Div. listed below:

W&S = Wash & Shine - Exterior & Interior Only (2 areas)

(UG = Ubergang - Adds Storage to Ext & Int. (3 areas)
> this is for newer Porsches without Engine Access for prep & judging)

S = Street - Adds both Engine & Storage to Ext & Int. (4 areas)

UR = Unrestored - Adds both Engine & Storage to Ext & Int. (4 areas)
> for cars 20+ years old & 75% original Paint & Interior

SC = Special Categories - Adds both Engine & Storage to Ext & Int. (4 areas)
> SC-2 for racers/AX cars, & SC-3 for Any Porsche with Engine or other changes - even EVs,* Subies & V8s! piratenanner.gif

FC = Full Concours - Adds Undercarriage (Underside/Belly/Susp./Engine/Trans/etc.)
to Int, Ext, Engine, Storage (i.e.: 6 areas)

* A really clean EV 914 won SC back in 2015 at OCR, but there often aren't enough or any cars in SC at many shows.

I've never been to the GPX show before due to schedule conflicts, so I don't know who turns up with what there, nor do I know anything about the venue.

Bring whichever Porsche you want for display or entry, or any car to visit.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

poke.gif This is coming up on Sunday!

Not sure if you can register at the gate then, or if registration at the link is still open.

Is either case above, then you may have to go without their lunch buffet, but it saves a few bucks.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/collee...and-prix-552109

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
abes914
This is just around my corner. I will stop by and hang out a bit.
piratenanner.gif
sb914
icon_bump.gif
Tom_T
Unfortunately, I'm still down sick & had to "call in sick" on judging today. sad.gif

Good luck to all who entered, & looking forward to pix!

Hopefully we'll see many of you at the OC Concours on 6/17 at Mile Square Park in Fountain Valley.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif

Please post some pix! shades.gif type.gif

I'm in withdrawal at home! huh.gif

Well ... not completely, at least I can watch the CollegiatE Rugby 7s Tournament Finals this afternoon as a consolation! piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
abes914
Met Eddie and Oscar from the 914world.

Oscar got this beautiful martini themed car with raby engine and many sweet goodies like tangerine exhaust. I should have taken more pictures but just enjoyed the moment. The organizer asked him to park in the lawn for free. Which was a good call.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Eddie's awsome 8 cylinder monster in display. Again, sorry, i forgot to take more Click to view attachment

There was a late comer (late because I was about to leave)
It is an orange 914-6 displaying full patina!
Eddie will post the vin in the databaseClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

We saw another 914 in the rear parking lot. 75 or 76 with big bumpers
looking really sharp and sweet!Click to view attachment

If I make it big when I grow up, I want a fun toy like thisClick to view attachment
and this
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

and of course, no photos of my car...maybe next time in fountain valley PCA on the 17th.

Tom_T
Abe,

If the "organizer" was Linda C. - her hubby Doc is a 914 guy from way back, who still has a factory 914-6 hiding in storage somewhere, & another SoCal family member's or friend's kid now drives his 914-2.0 (`73 IIRC) - so not surprised that they'd ask Oscar to display his!

Also note that that Speedster you drool over was once the cheapest "entry level" stripped down 356 - so maybe our 914s will also be primetime $$s in another 20-30 years!? confused24.gif

... so keep yours long term!

Thanx for the pix! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914-300Hemi
More picturesClick to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Click to view attachment
914-300Hemi
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Thanx Ravi, looks like we had a decent 914 showing.

Did you take yours & display it? .... no pix of it? confused24.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
7TPorsh
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 4 2017, 06:51 PM) *

Anyone know the wheels and setup on this car? 4 bolt 7" wide?
drem914
[/quote]

Anyone know the wheels and setup on this car? 4 bolt 7" wide?
[/quote]

I think this is SB914's car. He said the wheels were a group buy many years ago and no longer available from a company out of China.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.