Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
On my way to run some errands this afternoon, going down the freeway at 70 when out of the corner of my eye I see something coming across the lanes of the freeway.
Now I'm in the teener, it was a utility trailer that came off a pickup. I had to swerve in the HOV lane for the damn thing to miss my car. Keep my eye in the rear view to see if anyone hit it. Didn't see anyone hit it......Never know what to expect when just out running errands.
sixnotfour
if youre Christian..count your blessings// /Mormon...I don't know,,,Glad youre safe....
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ May 19 2017, 06:20 PM) *

if youre Christian..count your blessings// /Mormon...I don't know,,,

Count your wives... biggrin.gif

--DD
914Sixer
I had the same thing happen years ago coming across the San Jacinto river bridge in Houston. The good news is I was in the pickup and the trailer went by me without incident. It finally hit the bridge wall and slid to a stop. No injuries either.
Unobtanium-inc
I was headed to the lakehouse in New Hampster tonight and barely missed a momma duck and her little ducks on the highway, I don't want that Karma, it would be bad.
whitetwinturbo
...............this week in SoCal a wheel came off a car and jumped the barrier into the lanes going the other way and landed in driver's side windshield of traffic going the other way.............not a good thing. Driver died sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif
74ravenna
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2017, 10:34 PM) *

--DD

lol-2.gif

rgalla9146
I know of an incident where a car came off a trailer in a busy NY
intersection....rolled through the intersection.....past many people ....
then came to a stop .....at the curb...in the only empty spot on the whole street.
A nightmare scene.
NOT one person noticed.
daytona
OK, picture this; the year was 1989 (the rules were different then)and my business partner and I were relocating our business. Spent all day moving stuff.
It is now 1 am and we have the last load which is the company bus, a car dolly, and the cab of a 1940 Ford pick up truck we were working on. We hook the dolly to the bus and strap the cab to the dolly. The move was only 3 miles. What could possibly go wrong???
About half a mile from our destination a car goes by us beeping the horn and pointing towards the rear of the bus. Being reasonable people we immediately stop and go check the rear of the bus. Hmmm. Something is missing; the Ford cab. It is sitting right side up in the middle of the intersection we just passed. We go back, strap it to the dolly again but we lost some of the straps. So being reasonable people, I was in the dolly holding on to the cab for extra security. The last half mile was no problem. We laugh about it today, but had a car come through that intersection at that moment it would have been a mess.
I never did anything so stupid ever again. But there is still time.
Cracker
QUOTE(74ravenna @ May 20 2017, 04:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ May 19 2017, 10:34 PM) *

--DD

lol-2.gif

I'll double that...one wife is enough though! lol-2.gif

T

ConeDodger
I was once the perpetrator. I rented a utility trailer from MMWR on base. They installed it. On my way back from picking up an engine block to use in the Z, I suddenly felt something smash in to the back of my 4Runner. Then, I see the trailer racing around the busy late-rush hour traffic. Didn't hit a thing. A couple guys helped me get it out of the ditch and recoupled and I drove up to see Manny, Moe and that other guy at the next exit. We did a little repair and I was back on the road. MMWR paid for the new tailgate and paint and everyone had a good time... I even still used the engine block.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.