Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll - Your favorite Porsche model?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
autosspeed
When we first started this site we were a bit myopic in our view of Porsche. We were all about air-cooled Porsches and focused even more narrowly on 993s alone. Over the past three years (yes, we've been doing this just about that long now) as PorschePurist has grown, so has our love affair with all types of Porsches. Not only have we added a Cayenne to our garage, we became fans of the Cayman and the Boxster, lusted after a 914 and would kill to own a new 911 GT2 RS.

Given our change in attitude we thought it was time to reach out and survey your feelings. Not only are we interested in your thoughts, but your answers will help us to shape our future content and offerings. So, as the title of this post says, "What's Your Favorite Porsche and Why?"

Poll - Your favorite Porsche model?

piratenanner.gif
bandjoey
Need I say more?
Dave_Darling
550A for me...

--DD
Ansbacher
959 for me.

Ansbacher

Click to view attachment
Shadowfax
I'd drive this
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer

I am truly content with my current 914-6 and Cayman R, but I would seriously trade both for a 918 spyder weissach edition as my daily driver.

Click to view attachment
Montreal914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 19 2017, 07:25 PM) *

Need I say more?

No, I think that summes it up. smilie_pokal.gif
IronHillRestorations
914/8, 904, '97 GT1, but 964's are special to me as well.
Larmo63
A nice, well sorted '73 911S with a sunroof wouldn't be bad....

Click to view attachment
horizontally-opposed
CGT.

Because nothing I've driven—older or newer—even comes close.
Mark Henry
My favorite? More than I can afford. laugh.gif
rgalla9146
daytona

917[size=3]
sb914
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
Either one of the cars in my garage is fine. cheer.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ May 19 2017, 11:42 PM) *

agree.gif

For me it begins and ends with the 917 especially in the Gulf colors.

Click to view attachment
Dominic
Mid-Engine, Aluminum body, 4 cylinder Giant Killer! biggrin.gif

90quattrocoupe
IPB Image
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Dominic @ May 20 2017, 11:50 AM) *

Mid-Engine, Aluminum body, 4 cylinder Giant Killer! biggrin.gif

Some 550s look better than others, and it's all down to the lines and shapes. This is one of the good ones...
Gmanscott55
This one for me....

[attachmentid=605278
Michael N
904/6. Street legal race car..... driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Dion
Because it's just so unusual. The Abarth Carrera.
Larmo63
We ran the #96 Abarth Carrera owned by Mr. Croul down at Coronado a few years ago. The stories I could tell. Two surfers in a pretty expensive car.
Andyrew
Driver? 944 turbo. Lot of history with that one and me and I feel extremely comfortable in the car for long distances as well. Just something about the car.

Racer? Really love the 935's when they are turned up.
ledfoot
There's something special with the 910 for me.
garrettlee2
Click to view attachment good for trips to the market and early morning mountain road runs
somd914
Back in 1971 my father took my brothers and me to see the movie Le Mans. And the addiction began...
forrestkhaag
Having had a C4S, a 99s, several 911's, and a 71 914 in the early 70's and now have a 71 decades later.... (converted to a 6....), I'll choose...... a 71 914 Alex.

beerchug.gif
904svo
Can't afford a real one, so I got a copy of one.

Click to view attachment
Drums66
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ May 19 2017, 07:51 PM) *

959 for me.

Ansbacher

Click to view attachment

........For sure,(& I also)
shades.gif bye1.gif
6freak
the one in may shop smile.gif because its the first and only one I will probably ever own
Cairo94507
My 914-6..... I have not seen it in my garage for 5 years now; I hope to see it back in my garage by the end of the year. I hope the car does not get confused the old garage is gone and I have a new one now. Of course it needs to be remodeled. Hopefully, come spring, my new (the house was built in 1977) 3-car will become a 4-car when I add 10-11' to it and install a scissor lift in the floor. Lots to do....

Click to view attachment
mbseto
I'll echo: the one in my garage (914). Why? Because in the end, I'm a driver and it's the one I can drive.
Steve
Mine also, but wouldn't mine also having a 3.6 914 and a carbureted 2.7 or 3.0 914.
I've also had a tip 993 and don't miss it. However the engine would of been nice in my 914.
kgruen2
QUOTE(bandjoey @ May 19 2017, 07:25 PM) *

Need I say more?

I'm with you. Absolutely the best looking and great sound. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.