Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone used a Longacre Caster Camber Gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stugray
I am tempted to buy one of these:
http://www.longacreracing.com/products.asp...agnetic+Adapter

IPB Image

But I am not sure how it will attach to our cars.
Anyone tried one?

I looks like the hole in the middle might be large enough to go around our center cap on the front and rest against the flat part of the rotor bearing hub.

In the rear it would have to go around the axle nut.
Seems like you would need to take the wheels off if it will work at all.
Jeff Hail
If the magnetic head is smaller than the centering hole in the wheel to reach the rotor that will work (usually are not so don't get excited). They do make adaptors which are basically an extended mandrel.

For best budget all around use you are better off to get a wheel head which is adjustable for different size wheels to use in concert with the guage. To make things easy you should use a turn table on the front wheels or make some out of sheetmetal and grease so you can turn the wheels 20 degrees in and out for caster readings.

Alignment readings should be taken with the suspension loaded and weighted properly.

For set up purposes the gauge can be used to get rough readings if you are mocking up suspension and already know approximately where everything will be sitting at a later time.

r_towle
I use a small level that I drilled two holes for two bolts at the proper diameter to touch flat against the rim at top and bottom.
It takes some math, but I set the bolts with the top one out more than the bottom depending upon the degree you want.

Its fast to set the camber, just hold it up and move the tower till the bubble reads level.

Backyard engineering, but it works and its simple, and cheap.

I know you may change your setup frequently but while auto crossing I decided to learn what I had and make no changes for a while to get used to what I had setup, then make one small change at a time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.