Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plastic fuse panel cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

Maybe a silly question, but is there a trick for getting it to stay on? The nubs are there on the plastic cover, but it doesn't seem to want to wedge into place on the fuse panel.

Thanks!
914_teener
Have your legs shortened?

I haven't found a way to keep my knee from hitting it once and awhile and still keep it on.

Sorry.
porschetub
QUOTE(914_teener @ May 21 2017, 10:18 AM) *

Have your legs shortened?

I haven't found a way to keep my knee from hitting it once and awhile and still keep it on.

Sorry.

Yea they just fall of if bumped even lightly,mine lives in the glovebox lol-2.gif
oakdalecurtis
I put a male n female velcro strip attached to the top side of the relay board that come below and over the cover. No more bumping it off!
Rand
The replacement options with modern blade fuses are sure a nice upgrade. For example:

https://www.jwesteng.com/shop/electrical-91...-fuse-box-.html

No more knocking the cover loose, or worse yet a bunch of fuses too.
michael7810
JWest Engineering has a solution::

Click to view attachment
iankarr
Well, nice to know it's not just me...

The Jwest panel may be on the list for next winter's upgrades. For now, I guess my fuse cover will stay in the glovebox.
TheCabinetmaker
Leave the cover on. Without it, you will knock out a few fuses with your knee or foot. When you do, it will be late at night, after a drink. The fuse you kick out will be the ones that control the interior and exterior lights, or(heaven forbid) the one that keeps the car from starting. You will be on your knees fumbling to put the fuse back in, but you can't see. All the while, you'll be thinking: Where's my frigging fuse box cover?!
Coondog
J-West all the way. Easy upgrade
Click to view attachment
green914
QUOTE(cuddyk @ May 20 2017, 07:39 PM) *

Well, nice to know it's not just me...

The Jwest panel may be on the list for next winter's upgrades. For now, I guess my fuse cover will stay in the glovebox.

I think I will being doing the same upgrade this winter. agree.gif
Rand
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ May 20 2017, 07:09 PM) *

Leave the cover on. Without it, you will knock out a few fuses with your knee or foot.

agree.gif
If you've ever knocked the cover loose, imagine what would happen with the cover off. Fuses bouncing all over the floor like dumping a box of chicklets. BTDT. I'd tape it on if I had to until the Jwest unit arrived.
rgalla9146
Ian are you sure that the cover isn't cracked ?
Garland
It only goes on one way, flip it over. It should stay in place. blink.gif
frankiec@outrageous.net
Well, I had the same problem with a cracked cover. Ordered a replacement and in the correct position it still dropped off. I turned the cover around and it went right into place and have had no problems since. idea.gif

QUOTE(Garland @ May 21 2017, 08:33 AM) *

It only goes on one way, flip it over. It should stay in place. blink.gif
iankarr
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 21 2017, 08:06 AM) *

Ian are you sure that the cover isn't cracked ?

It wasn't when I was trying to get it to stay (for about 15 minutes). Both ways.

Then I cracked it when I pinched too hard. headbang.gif

Oh well...I'll try the velcro thing. But I never really had a problem without a cover anyway.
oakdalecurtis
I couldn't send this pic the first time I mentioned my velcro strap. You can also see the epoxy I had to use inside the cover when it had a crack developing in it. The velcro solution is quick, simple and effective.
Click to view attachment
PlaysWithCars
I need to get me a fuse cover. I keep knocking fuses out with my knee. In my old car at least when I hit the fuse cover, if I did knock any fuses out, there was a convenient diagram telling where the important ones went back to.

QUOTE(Rand @ May 20 2017, 08:55 PM) *

Fuses bouncing all over the floor like dumping a box of chicklets.
av-943.gif

JawjaPorsche
A new fuse cover solved my problem. Also careful getting in helps too.
erwindv
Available on:
German autoparts

About 7,00$
76-914
I made some of these a few years back. I haven't knocked one of these out yet! beerchug.gif http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=114442&hl=
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.