Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego AX this Sunday....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Gonna try and get down to SD PCA AX at the Murphy Stadium....anyone else?
dekman
Wish I could "Z" but my mom had a stroke and we brought her home last week...but hey have fun! You drive that white 911 with a duck tail right?...I believe I chased you around at Willow for a few laps.................very fun time. robert d. driving.gif
Joe Bob
yeah that's me...but I'm gonna try...try....to take manfred my 914/6 down for it's maiden voyage....
Aaron Cox
i may come to watch sad.gif
SLITS
Make sure you fill your tank with Tokillya......You can hold onto a light pole in the parking lot and create an earthquake thereby distracting the other drivers so that you have a greater chance at winning............
dekman
"Z"... I don't think I have seen a photo of Manfried.....got one? cool_shades.gif
dekman
Come on Aaron...be a man.....enter the AX! driving.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (dekman @ May 10 2005, 07:42 PM)
"Z"... I don't think I have seen a photo of Manfried.....got one? cool_shades.gif

Check my BLOG.....

Oh and Ron/SLITs.....what is the phrase I'm looking for?????

Oh yeah....eat shit and die, biyotch.....in a nice way.... flipa.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (dekman @ May 10 2005, 08:44 PM)
Come on Aaron...be a man.....enter the AX! driving.gif

no cashola huh.gif
Trekkor
no cashola

Use you admin salary.

What? Oh, nevermind...

KT
hmeeder
We'd love to see you guys! Make the trip, to watch, or better yet, drive your wheels off. I know I'll be there, seanv8914 and Mark "Cloudbuster" Garriot, and perhaps a few others too.

Let's get some smack talk going! Which one you are going to be my bitch? Buehler?
MattR
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 10 2005, 06:58 PM)
Gonna try and get down to SD PCA AX at the Murphy Stadium....anyone else?

Jack Murphy stadium? Where is that? Do I need a time machine to get there?

Jack Murphy FIELD
Qualcomm STADIUM

beerchug.gif

hide.gif
Dr Evil
If the fruits from the OC come down, I'll pay a visit.

Herb, I still have the flares for you...I can bring thm if you have da money idea.gif
hmeeder
Mike;

I guess we never talked about what you want for them eh? I'll try to give you a call later today.

Sean told me you were going to loan him those lugbolts for the AX. Thanks! I'm looking forward to tearing up someone else's rubber.

Hope to see you Sunday.
eeyore
I'll be there.

How about this...

You are all going down. You losers. My discontinued Azenis will stomp you into pieces. Both Herb 'Tanger-weinie' Meeder and Sean 'Catwoman' Molloy will be my sissies. Two swaybars won't help them, because I'll have three. Sure, the 3rd will just be rolling around in the trunk, but we're talking smack here. chair.gif

Motor wise, here's the scoop:
I've plumbed the heater outlets on the fan housing to pressurize the airbox. Another 15 discs on the SuperTrapp for a total of 40. I'll run a 1/2 quart low on the oil to reduce windage loses. Total that up and I'm good for an additional 'seat of the pants' 15 horsepower @ 9500 RPM.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (hmeeder @ May 11 2005, 05:06 AM)
Mike;

I guess we never talked about what you want for them eh? I'll try to give you a call later today.

Sean told me you were going to loan him those lugbolts for the AX. Thanks! I'm looking forward to tearing up someone else's rubber.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Don't follow...
skline
I may try to make it down to show you all how its done. If the car sells, I wont do it but if it doesnt sell, the new Falkens will be tearing you guys a new a$$hole. TTOD for me!! laugh.gif
eeyore
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 11 2005, 08:48 AM)

Don't follow...

Mike -> Mike L -> Dr Evil
skline
I was reading the pre entry form and it says you will have to show your membership card to drive in this event. I thought Z cancelled his membership? So this is only open to PCA members? I got mine so thats not a problem.
eeyore
It IS the San Diego Region of PCA. Yeah, they've gotten to be sticklers about membership cards lately. Although there is the occasional tech inspector that may not be too picky about such things.
DonTraver
A Current membership is required and it will be checked.

I heard, at the grapevine, that apprently there was some people that thought that they were special, and didn't need to keep their memberships current, and shouldn't have to pay entry fees if they volunteered, or balance the books. Then it was posted by the current Pres on the website, how posts that called anyone to task would be deleted on the forum. A lot of crap came out after the trailer incident a few years ago. Personally, I think it should have all been brought out in the open. Anyway, enought of that crap.

Mike Z, I don't have a associate member on my membership. So I can put you down as my guest if you want to come down. Let me know. You'll need my membership number to send in the pre-registration form.

Later, Don
Joe Bob
I re-upped in the SD region....even gotta 30 discount for my first event....

Santa Barbara Whine and Cheese region can bite my ass...
DonTraver
Check the fine print, I got one of those, it excluded AX, DE, and Time Trials.
skline
QUOTE (DonTraver @ May 11 2005, 09:59 AM)
Check the fine print, I got one of those, it excluded AX, DE, and Time Trials.

Of course it did. dry.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (DonTraver @ May 11 2005, 08:55 AM)
A Current membership is required and it will be checked.

I heard, at the grapevine, that apprently there was some people that thought that they were special, and didn't need to keep their memberships current, and shouldn't have to pay entry fees if they volunteered, or balance the books. Then it was posted by the current Pres on the website, how posts that called anyone to task would be deleted on the forum. A lot of crap came out after the trailer incident a few years ago. Personally, I think it should have all been brought out in the open. Anyway, enought of that crap.

Mike Z, I don't have a associate member on my membership. So I can put you down as my guest if you want to come down. Let me know. You'll need my membership number to send in the pre-registration form.

Later, Don

Trailer incident?

Do tell....
DonTraver
The tale is long, sordid, and sleezy. One of the players is a sleezy lawyer, who's already stabbed me in the back once, who I thought was a friend, when I confronted him about it, his answer was, I never considered you to be a friend. Guess that made it alright. I don't know how to write it down without opening myself up for a slander lawsuit, just cause it true, doesn't mean it's legal.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great people in SDR, we just also have our percentage of assholes. From what I've heard, they're the reason Fontana is a zone 8 event now.

Anyway, I'll talk to you Sunday, let you know who the players are.

Joe Bob
I remember a few years ago that the whole board got changed out and the "powers" had panties twisted up a bit.....gosh...better than Peyton Place.....

I've raced at the "Murph" over the years and have a few people that I would call passing friends....but since living in SB...nothing to write home about.

My dad and brother that live in Del Mar are the main reason I go down....
DonTraver
By the way, I finally found that "Bite Me" long sleeved T-shirt I bought for you a couple of years ago, I'll wear mine and bring yours. See you there. Later, Don
DonTraver
The board didn't get changed out, there was nothing in the club bylaws for removing a board member,sleezy lawyer involved. The bylaws have been changed, but it was after the fact, the board members involved didn't resign, finished their terms.
Toast
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 11 2005, 09:58 AM)

I thought that you had previously thought the same thing about the SD region. confused24.gif

What does Zone 8 mean?
SLITS
QUOTE (Toast @ May 11 2005, 11:31 AM)
What does Zone 8 mean?

It is the division of the universe into active and passive principals by geography by the POA/PCA. They are lord and master of their "zone".

Their asses are just slightly lower than the SCCA Region power brokers.
Joe Bob
OK...all signed up and pre-paid.....see ya there. You coming down Sammy?

Joe Bob
QUOTE (Toast @ May 11 2005, 10:31 AM)
QUOTE ("Z" @ May 11 2005, 09:58 AM)

I thought that you had previously thought the same thing about the SD region. confused24.gif

What does Zone 8 mean?

Nah...the SD region has always been a racer's region...

user posted image
hmeeder
I stay far away from all the political bullshit. About twice a year someone tries to talk me into "volunteering" for something more than tech inspector and instructer. I like things just where they are, thenkyew veddy much. I don't care what they say, every position above grunt can be politicized by someone. The small town he said-she said struggle for power over who gets to decide the colors of the run group stickers give me the runs.

Doing Tech and Instructing keeps me close to the cars and the drivers which is truly the only reason I joined the club to begin with.

Mark, thanks for adding more disks to the Supertrap. That rattling was giving me a headache. Don't forget to add 20 lbs of air to the tires. This will decrease your rolling resistance, giving you better acceleration and top speed. Try it, it works, I swear. Tell you what, I'll handicap myself by driving a car with 20% less power. That should make things about even, wouldn't you say?

Scott, bring it and run it, man. Who cares if it sells or not. Tell the buyer he can collect in on Monday. Get your priorities straight.
hmeeder
PCASDR Pre-Pay Form

If anyone wants to AX a bit cheaper on Sunday, fill out the above form and fax it in. If you don't pre-pay it's $60. Pre-pay brings it down to $40 for PCA members.

Come on, let's play!
eeyore
QUOTE (hmeeder @ May 11 2005, 07:02 PM)
Tell you what, I'll handicap myself by driving a car with 20% less power. That should make things about even, wouldn't you say?

Its funny because its true! ar15.gif
sean_v8_914
dude, whats with the avatar? I told you that I changed those fuel lines

see ya sunday.
MattR
So, do you HAVE to be a PCA member to run? If so, thats really lame... San Bernardino PCA autox was really laid back and i doubt anyone was a member there.
Joe Bob
It's an uglee thing too....
Dr Evil
Anyone coming down from the north wanna do me a favor and pick up two trannies from Sklines house? Please?
Joe Bob
HE SAID he was gonna come down and kick some SD ass........

If'n not....I will be towing 'Fred down saturday aft with the Dakota and the bed be empty....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.