Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber Tripples / 60 Idle Jets WTB
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
I am looking for the most expeditious way to get my car on the road as I am now in a stalled due to lack of parts. I have been in a three week wait for completed carb refurb and am now down to needing six idle jets (I have 55's) and I am being told not to run my 3.0 with 55's as that is too lean and may do harm to the rebuild / Please PM if you either know where I can drive to pick them up in SoCAL or if you have a set of 60's you could part with.

Thanks beerchug.gif
euro911
If you're running Webers, check with Redline ... http://www.redlineweber.com/

IPB Image

IPB Image

... or maybe better yet, PartsKlassik ... https://www.partsklassik.com/c-23-weber-ida...carburetor.aspx

popcorn[1].gif

forrestkhaag
QUOTE(euro911 @ May 21 2017, 12:43 PM) *

If you're running Webers, check with Redline ... http://www.redlineweber.com/

IPB Image

IPB Image

... or maybe better yet, PartsKlassik ... https://www.partsklassik.com/c-23-weber-ida...carburetor.aspx

popcorn[1].gif

Thanks Mark Will do. beerchug.gif
Beach914
My 40's have just been rebuilt and I bought difficult to find parts from Pierce Manifolds. Great response and turnaround.
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(Beach914 @ May 21 2017, 01:53 PM) *

My 40's have just been rebuilt and I bought difficult to find parts from Pierce Manifolds. Great response and turnaround.

My Guru just materialized in the material world........... but is still out of town somewhere in the mist between here and there. I appreciate the contact info and will pursue that 1st thing tomorrow when they open up for bidnizz.
beerchug.gif

koozy
+1 on Pierce Manifolds. In my humble opinion they are the best in the biz.
forrestkhaag
I am going to call them in the am / I want to hear from someone in the real world that I am not going to toast my build running 55's for a few days while awaiting a handful of other idle jets for fine tuning. It is hard to believe that six little g=brass squiters (not related to oil) can toast a 3 liter engine under relatively modest driving conditions..... confused24.gif

A few who have opined here say its ok to run 55's until I determine the beast needs more Pablum.... Here's to more Pablum aktion035.gif beerchug.gif

IronHillRestorations
New jets are always best, but surely the carb guru could ream out a set of jets
Beach914
How can you beat $4.35 each plus shipping........
rgalla9146
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 21 2017, 07:41 PM) *

I am going to call them in the am / I want to hear from someone in the real world that I am not going to toast my build running 55's for a few days while awaiting a handful of other idle jets for fine tuning. It is hard to believe that six little g=brass squiters (not related to oil) can toast a 3 liter engine under relatively modest driving conditions..... confused24.gif

A few who have opined here say its ok to run 55's until I determine the beast needs more Pablum.... Here's to more Pablum aktion035.gif beerchug.gif

I'm running a 3.0 with Weber 40s too.
What are the other specs of your carbs ?
Engine specs too.
Thank you
Rory
PS I had Pierce Manifolds do the carb shafts on my stock 6 engine
forrestkhaag
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ May 22 2017, 04:51 AM) *

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ May 21 2017, 07:41 PM) *

I'm running a 3.0 with Weber 40s too.
What are the other specs of your carbs ?
Engine specs too.
Thank you
Rory
PS I had Pierce Manifolds do the carb shafts on my stock 6 engine

My 82 SC motor is fairly basic in that I had Webcam regrind the cams (grind #20/21) and had the stock distributor recurved to the valve lift and duration of their work. We set the cams at 1.92.2mm w/ 1mm lash. See attached specs for details of Webcam work. my Weber 40's have 34 venturi's, F3 Emulsion tubes, mains are 150's airs 160's (I think... ) / this document attached is from PMO founder some 35 years ago....
Justinp71

I always liked using this guy-
http://youroil.net/weber_carb_parts.html

He orders directly from PMO.

Also I ran 55 idles for a long time on my 3.0, it ran great for me. I also ran a afr gauge and it never showed too lean.

john77
Email Bud Pauge at Redline Weber, he's a wealth of knowledge on all things weber.

budp@worldpac.com

Not sure how far Laguna Beach is from Torrance, but they do will call pick up on orders, if you want to save on $$ shipping for a relatively cheap part.
mzapisek
QUOTE(john77 @ May 22 2017, 12:22 PM) *

Email Bud Pauge at Redline Weber, he's a wealth of knowledge on all things weber.

budp@worldpac.com

Not sure how far Laguna Beach is from Torrance, but they do will call pick up on orders, if you want to save on $$ shipping for a relatively cheap part.

I just ordered idle jets from webercarbsdirect.com for my 40IDA3C carbs. Jets were in stock and only $3.95 each plus shipping.
colingreene
you can buy them from jim at mesa performance in costa mesa/newport area.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ May 22 2017, 01:23 PM) *

I always liked using this guy-
http://youroil.net/weber_carb_parts.html

He orders directly from PMO.

He's the east coast PMO dealer, doesn't order, he has them in stock.
Best price on quality rebuild kits. He also has all the little stuff no one else has or they claim is NLA.

To Canada shipping was 4 days regular post, he must be beside a major hub.
euro911
QUOTE(john77 @ May 22 2017, 01:22 PM) *

budp@worldpac.com

They're just a few blocks away from me wink.gif
pete-stevers
One day...soon.. (like a few yrs) I will be running a 82 3.0 stock motor with carbs..maybe a cam and a recurve.. but stock internals.. so this is a good read
forrestkhaag
Thanks to all for the sage advice. Went to 65"s and the thing screams.

See what did you do to your 914 today to see the latest on the run in.
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.