Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My own private doorway to Hell...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grimstead
Well I have been cleaning up the passenger compartment trying to find out how bad my rust is. When I got to the PS firewall I found a nice little rust hole that I cut out....
user posted image
and found this....
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I'm sure this isn't the worst that anyone has ever seen, but it has really helped screw my last couple of weeks up barf.gif

I'm open to suggestions on how to best fix this... pray.gif
Aaron Cox
Bill

Call me.

user posted image
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ May 10 2005, 09:00 PM)
Bill

Call me.

user posted image

I am afraid the picture Aaron shows is for the engine shelf, not the hell hole. I have a kit that will repair that. It looks pretty bad but it's not too late. We will talk about it when you bring your car over to install the sway bar.
Grimstead
Thank you gentlemen for your quick replies. pray.gif

Aaron, We'll take more Friday.

Scott, Just let me know when you are free. I should be open all weekend but I would need to rent a dolly to bring it over.
Michael J
The hell hole has become my latest challenge. I thought all I needed to do was replace the battery tray but found more damage when I started wire brushing the rust off. Not as bad as Bill's but in need of repair for sure. Scott, you mention a kit that will repair the top of the frame??? I also was looking at Restoration Design today and agree that the engine shelf replacement does nothing for the top of the frame member. I'm a little further away than Bill so any written advice would help.
Verruckt
QUOTE (Michael J @ May 15 2005, 12:37 AM)
The hell hole has become my latest challenge. I thought all I needed to do was replace the battery tray but found more damage when I started wire brushing the rust off. Not as bad as Bill's but in need of repair for sure. Scott, you mention a kit that will repair the top of the frame??? I also was looking at Restoration Design today and agree that the engine shelf replacement does nothing for the top of the frame member. I'm a little further away than Bill so any written advice would help.

You definitely want to become intimately familiar with these two threads. I have them bookmarked, they have been a great source of info for me. I'm sure there are many other threads as well.

Michelko's thread
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...%20console&st=0

Cdmcse's thread
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=25165

I wish you luck. sawzall-smiley.gif May the arc be with you... welder.gif
michelko
Welcome to the hell hole club wink.gif

just to sawzall-smiley.gif and smash.gif and a little welder.gif

and voila you have a like new car laugh.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
Michael J
I have spent hours looking at those two threads in particular. The pictures are worth a bunch. Thanks to you who have shared your journeys to hell and back.
Engman
Hmmmmm idea.gif

M
Grimstead
Hmmmmm idea.gif

Just the man I wanted to see.... clap.gif

Skiline was telling me that you made a kit just for the problem Michael J. & I are currently having (albeit in separate cars). Is this true oh master of metal fabrication????? confused24.gif
Eric_Shea
What Kit.

Marrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk???
Rusty
You gotta really love your car to attack that... 'specially if you live in the land of Fruits'n'nutz... where 914 parts grow on trees. blink.gif
Grimstead
You gotta really love your car to attack that... 'specially if you live in the land of Fruits'n'nutz... where 914 parts grow on trees.

I really do. wub.gif That and the fact she is very clean on the outside, I think it's still cheaper to fix the rust than get another roller.
Engman
I will post a pic later of the pieces - This is gonna be a CSOB hell hole kit - will require you to form the flanges and weld it into the car. Skline has one and is working on verifying the size / fit etc. Not really gonna do anything until he gets back to me. Then you will see a post.

M
Eric_Shea
Both Sides?
Engman
The hell hole is always the battery side. That what I made parts for - the battery side. I suppose you could flip some of them to fit the drivers side - I would need to make a new part for the engine tin on that side though.

M
Eric_Shea
I vote both Mark,

I realize the battery side can be the worst but I always knew them as "plural" Hell Hole(s). Both sides have the same features which are;

Recesses, inside the engine compartment where most PO's don't or haven't gone, that trap leaves, that plug drains that lead to sitting wet leaves and standing water, which leads to rust. But you knew all this...

I was looking at this job wishing and praying for someone to come along with stampings or what-not for this.

Pretty-Please? wub.gif

P.S. If you need someone to test fit the drivers side...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.