Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 914 2.0 Nepal Orange FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
71gold
Car is Sold...thanks for all interest.

I have owned this car for 3 years , previous owner had it for 20 years.
Engine has about 8,000 miles since rebuild. 3 owners and most receipts back to original
Runs excellent and no issues. has owners Manila, toolkit and sales brochure.

This was a California car and has been kept in heated climate there is no rust .
Paint is mostly original with a few nicks trim and seals are very good .

Engine- new parts include
Flywheel
Sachs power clutch and thoout bearing
Main bearings
Scat street grind cam,bearings and aluminum cam gear
Scat solid lifters
Push rod tubes
Heavy duty oil pump
Mahle euro Pistons,rings ,cylinders
FI trigger points
New engine mounts

Crank was magnafljxed,polishes and balanced
Heads reworked with new seats guides and head to cylinder surface machined
Bursch Muffler
SS exchangers

Fuel System
Tank removed and cleaned
SS fuel lines in tunnel
All new rubber lines
Injectors cleaned and balanced
New throttle position circuit board
New fuel pump
New throttle cable with spare in trunk

Transmission
Fully rebuilt with assistance from Dr. Evil
New seals
New mounts
Shifts perfect with new shift bushings

Body
Very much original with respray 20 + years ago
Original windshield with factory VW stickers

Interior
All gauges work in excellent condition
MOMo steering wheel
Seats are excellent t one small wear spot
New carpets and Mats
iPod hook up with JBL speakers ,2 in stock location and 2 tweeters in coat hook location
Blaupunkt amp in front trunk
Rebuilt crank/tracks windows are smooth
All switches work ,rear defrost works, fuse box unaltered and stock condition.
Dash very good with one minor crack not visible from inside.

Many other great things about this car
I have attached a few photos , let me know if you would like additional photos
Or information.f

Ftorchia.aia@gmail.com

Priced at $16,500 OBO

Car is located in Chicago will assist with airport pickup if you would like a drive.

Click to view attachment
MikeInMunich
Here's my 2 cents. This car is underpriced. Y'all seem to be wanting ta do. each other favors here all the time. This car obviously must have more than this price invested in it and it's not replicatable for this price. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but IMHO one shouldn't have to come down so far to sell such an excellent example of this awesome and unique classic car. If I had the money and the space I'd buy this car at this price immediately. I predict someone will be smart enough to jump in this in the next 12 hours.

Asking price should be IMO $22,000 or perhaps more.

GLWTS.

M.i.M.
fduval
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 22 2017, 09:01 AM) *

Here's my 2 cents. This car is underpriced. Y'all seem to be wanting ta do. each other favors here all the time. This car obviously must have more than this price invested in it and it's not replicatable for this price. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but IMHO one shouldn't have to come down so far to sell such an excellent example of this awesome and unique classic car. If I had the money and the space I'd buy this car at this price immediately. I predict someone will be smart enough to jump in this in the next 12 hours.

GLWTS.

M.i.M.

Totally agreed :-)
dudzy's914
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 22 2017, 01:01 PM) *

GLWTS.

M.i.M.

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
Mike Fitton
Pretty sure I know the owner who is mostly on the Early911Sregistry goes by the same screen name. I never knew he had this car, it is local to me. Looks Nice!
Ferg
QUOTE(MikeInMunich @ May 22 2017, 09:01 AM) *

GLWTS.

M.i.M.

Don't take this the wrong way, but your logic is crazy.

There is zero chance anybody here without inspecting that car for an hour or more could reach any conclusion on if it is under or overpriced. One picture and a parts list is usually half the story. It takes a personal inspection.

Now I'm not saying that it's not a great car or a great deal, It could very well be! I just don't understand your post. beerchug.gif
MikeInMunich
[/quote]

There is zero chance anybody here without inspecting that car for an hour or more could reach any conclusion on if it is under or overpriced. One picture and a parts list is usually half the story. It takes a personal inspection.

Now I'm not saying that it's not a great car or a great deal, It could very well be! I just don't understand your post. beerchug.gif
[/quote]

I may have gone a bit far in my chosen expression of my impression. IOW, you're taking me too literally. If I were able to purchase this car now with zero financial stress while choosing to do so, naturally I would get a lot a photos, and by the way, I think it's a shame there is only one photo! (As your chief sponsor here, Seller, please, post more here for me and everyone to see!!) and I would get all the details, but at first glance, iirc, there is supposedly no rust. If this is true we have a great starting point, of course, adding to that: original, classic and beloved color, 76, the year when the fewest were produced, rebuilt and broken-in engine, long list of things that simply will NOT have to be done, and wallah!, I have a, IMO, valid basis for my opinion / impression / personal feeling about this offer apparently being a very solid investment. It won't be worth less than this in the future until / unless Neo Cons lead us to WWIII or martial law. Not sure if that is "crazy" or not, but it's my opinion / impression. Uh, iirc, it's also an original 2.0 appearance group set-up from the factory. Forgot to mention that. That could make this car, in this color, from '76, close to one of a kind (still alive), at least in this condition, which is apparently excellent.

beerchug.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
MikeInMunich
[/quote]

[/quote]

I may have gone a bit far in my chosen expression of my impression. IOW, you're taking me too literally. If I were able to purchase this car now with zero financial stress while choosing to do so, naturally I would get a lot a photos, and by the way, I think it's a shame there is only one photo! (As your chief sponsor here, Seller, please, post more here for me and everyone to see!!) and I would get all the details, but at first glance, iirc, there is supposedly no rust. If this true, we have a great starting point, of course, adding to that: original, classic and beloved color, 76, the year when the fewest were produced, rebuilt and broken-in engine, long list of things that simply will NOT have to be done, and wallah!, I have a, IMO, valid basis for my opinion / impression / personal feeling about this offer apparently being a very solid investment. It won't be worth less than this in the future until / unless Neo Cons lead us to WWIII or martial law. Not sure if that is "crazy" or not, but it's my opinion / impression. Uh, iirc, it's also an original 2.0 appearance group set up from the factory. Forgot to mention that. Not looking back, so I hope I've got that right. That would make this car, in this color, from '76, very close to one of a kind, at least in this condition, which is apparently excellent.

beerchug.gif

smilie_flagge6.gif
71gold
I had trouble posting photos and only one ended up posted.
I have had a lot of interest.
I have sent 6 people over 20 photos.
This 914 is as honest and good as they get.
Hope it's not too under priced.
But I have gotten good deals on cars and guess someone else should get the same.
Thanks for positive comments.
Frank
71gold
I would like to know how to add photos to my ad.
Thanks for any instructions.... and will post more photos
Frank
My 914
That's a nice color combination. I can't tell from the picture but are there slight flares on the car?
71gold
No flares totally stock
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.