Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for door and window seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
srps13
I am looking for a source for rubber door and window seals for my 1972 914. I thought I'd ran across a vendor for these items but couldn't find it by searching. Pictures for attention of the seals I'd like to replace. Thanks!

-Andrew
malcolm2
914Rubber.com
srps13
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ May 22 2017, 10:35 AM) *

914Rubber.com

I knew it was that easy. Thank you
malcolm2
QUOTE(srps13 @ May 22 2017, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ May 22 2017, 10:35 AM) *

914Rubber.com

I knew it was that easy. Thank you

I will say that the old adage to measure twice and cut once will serve you well on installing the window/roof seals.

Someone may have a trick to it, but they are very tight to install, so that stretches them.... which means they will eventually return to a non-stretched length. I used some dish soap to slick-up the metal to rubber slot, anyway:

My problem, as best as I can remember, is they install from the top, but you have to cut the btm..... which you can't get to to cut while installed. So they have to be the right length.

Plus you have to deal with the roof. the top of the vertical seal is formed at a 45 deg angle to match the 45 on the roof.... oh yeah, I suggest you get all the seals that will touch each other and install them all at one time. Don't buy one this month and the other next month. Make sure they mate then measure, measure, mate and then have a beer then measure ask a few questions and finally cut.

All I am saying is ask lots of questions, check everything lots of times and do all the seals at once.

blink.gif
slotty008
I replaced almost all the seals now except the vertical targa seals. I'm gonna do them when I replace the sail panel vinyl. I had some delivery mistakes from 914rubber but everything is OK now and everything fits perfectly. It takes some time to make them fit but all in all it was much easier than I thought it would be.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.