Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Impeller balancing ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pgollender
Cleaning and painting my impeller fan and noticed a little counter-balance weight pinned in the front. Factory job or P.O. attempt to balance the fan ?
All the blades are intact, no broken fins.Click to view attachment
rgalla9146
Probably original, I've seen bigger pieces of rod than that used in the same way.
McMark
And now your fan is unbalanced. sad.gif
6freak
QUOTE(McMark @ May 24 2017, 05:41 AM) *

just gonna say I hope you marked some how ,it needs to go back together the same way it came apart and still may need to rebalance....easy fix! imo good luck
smile.gif
pgollender
QUOTE(McMark @ May 24 2017, 05:41 AM) *

Nope: Previously marked and put back in original holes. aktion035.gif
bbrock
Do these have to be balanced at a machine shop? I have one I took apart thirty years ago and THINK I was careful to put it back together properly. But I would like to make sure before putting it back in service.
pgollender
QUOTE(bbrock @ May 24 2017, 07:51 AM) *

Do these have to be balanced at a machine shop? I have one I took apart thirty years ago and THINK I was careful to put it back together properly. But I would like to make sure before putting it back in service.

You can do a simple static balance that will get you close,but not as good as a dynamic balance. Luckily these little fan don't have a lot of rotating weight.: Get one of these nose cones on the video and don't cut but add:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCV9rGVprEses
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.