Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Bought a boat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SteveL
I have been shopping for a used open bow runabout to use for pleasure rides and pulling tubers and skiers. Finally settled on this one. It is a 95 Stingray 18' with a 135 Merc Cruiser.
scotty914
sorry i thought you bought a 911..

nice boat
Tom Perso
So, which of the 10,000 lakes are you going to take it to? laugh.gif

Ahhh, the best day of a boat owner's life. I won't tell you what the second is... smile.gif

This was our old 23' Mariah open bow, Merc 350, 260-hp.

user posted image

Fun boat, lots of goodies in it, along with a ski locker and built in self-draining cooler... smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif beer3.gif givemebeer.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif

Later,
Tom
skline
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ May 11 2005, 08:09 AM)
Ahhh, the best day of a boat owner's life. I won't tell you what the second is... smile.gif

I will finish it for you since I have heard it before many times.

The day you buy it and the day you sell it. biggrin.gif
jasons
QUOTE (skline @ May 11 2005, 07:16 AM)
QUOTE (Tom Perso @ May 11 2005, 08:09 AM)
Ahhh, the best day of a boat owner's life.  I won't tell you what the second is... smile.gif

The way I've heard the saying... "The best and worst days of my life were when I bought and sold the boat."

Ironically, I've heard that applied to Porsches too! unsure.gif
Tom Perso
QUOTE (skline @ May 11 2005, 10:16 AM)

If you noticed, I spoke of our boat in the "past" tense...

aktion035.gif smash.gif mad.gif sad.gif chair.gif

Man though, I was 22 and single when we got it. Lots of good times on that sucker. wub.gif

Tom
CptTripps
I wish I'd have known you were shopping...You could have bought ours...

http://www.marinesource.com/buyerslistings...tingNmb=6171172
Jeffs9146
a hole in the water you try to fill with $100 bills  

Your telling me!

Here is my rear stable!

Jeff
charlesmac
Looks like a nice find. It's so relaxing to be out on the water! There's not many things i would rather do. hmmmmm.............I think i'll take mine out friday after work.
A word of advice/caution, always be on the lookout for idiots on jetskis that don't pay attention. ar15.gif
Had one cut right in front of me last weekend while i was pulling a skier. mad.gif
spunone
DAmm Jeff thats one Bitchin Place where's it at?? aktion035.gif
Root_Werks
Boats rock! rocking nana.gif
TJB/914
Wow Boats, How about an "Old Town Wooden Canoe"? I have a 1992 Old Town that's never been in the water. Put it in storage after the local Indian Chief gave it his full dress blessing on the banks of our lake in Petoskey, MI. (cost me $50-bucks)
I understand it was the last one to come out of the Old Town Factory with the Indian design. They had to get someone out of retirement to do the painting. Took over 1-year to get it delivered after I placed the order. I am going to get it out of the attic this year & go fishing. I wonder if there's a roof rack for a 914 that will fit my canoe???

Tom
Happy boating to you all.
Jeffs9146
DAmm Jeff thats one Bitchin Place where's it at??

Thanks! I just moved in and I am about half way through the remodel!

It is in Discovery Bay, CA

Jeffs9146
klsj
Dave-O
So Steve,
Are you up to a little 914ing and some Skiing this summer? Only one final left tomorrow, then i'm ready for some time in the sun! beer.gif

David
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Jeffs9146 @ May 11 2005, 08:35 AM)
a hole in the water you try to fill with $100 bills  

Your telling me!

Here is my rear stable!

Jeff

So when the 914 drive ski and kegger blow out?
Jeffs9146
So when the 914 drive ski and kegger blow out?

House should be finished the middle of next month! There is always a keg flowing in the garage! I will let you know when the next party is!

Here is a link to my house page!

Jeff

My Webpage
tesserra
If it flys, fu*ks, or floats, its always cheaper to rent.
So I have heard.
I am married.
I have a boat.
I don't own a plane.
2 out of three?!!!

George
mharrison
Congratulations! I have an '85 Stingray 18' bow-rider with a 140 Mercruiser. It's been a great boat. Be sure to check out http://www.stingrayboats.com/ it's the Stingray version of this website, even though the manufacturer hosts it. Go to the MyStingray section and sing up with your Hull Number. Only owners can get in.

Boats, like many other things, aren't too expensive if you do the repairs yourself or don't let the shop rape you. My '85 costs me about $30 to get ready for the reservoir every spring. A guy at work has a '97 Sea Ray that costs between $600 and $1000 to get ready every spring. That's after the same shop winterized it !!! It's probably got more new parts than a new boat!

Will I be GLAD when I sell it? MAYBE. Will I be SAD when I sell it? DEFINITELY

The one thing that I can say is USE IT OFTEN!

If you do, you will enjoy it more, be less likely to get to the "sell it" stage, and it will stay in better shape with regular use.
charlesmac
Hey mharrison, i'll probably see you out at the reservior this summer. I've got a '98malibu sportster, white with a blue stripe, skylon pole, i'll be out there most friday's and saturday's wakeboarding, usually at pelahatchie bay.
It's great to see another missippian on here. clap.gif
Joe Ricard said he's bringing his teener up for the auto-X on the 22nd at the coliseum by the way.

charles
mharrison
Hey CharlesMac. Have you ever run into Tommy914 on here, or maybe you've seen him around town? He's got a nice red 914 with polished Fuch's. It is a sweet car. He just got Boxter to park next to it. dry.gif

He's in Ridgeland.

We'll have to get together sometime. I hope to get my engine in the new teener (my avatar pic) by the 1st of next month, but I've got to get the engine compartment painted first. I've got to turn this into a driver while it's still nice outside!!!

I've got an '85 Stingray that is Gray on the sides and back. Open-bow. Inboard. I might also be out wakeboarding with my Brother-In-Law in a Black Tige with the full wakeboard tower, mounted speakers, board racks, etc... We usually wakeboard along the side of the old Tressle bridge there at the entrance to Pelahatchie Bay.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.