Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Injectors not firing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nsyr
I have a half running 2.0 and when I say half running I mean only cyl 3 & 4 are running. I pulled out all the injectors and put them into baby bottles, cranked the engine and nothing came out of 1 & 2. The fuel line circuit is complete and working ( there is fuel for the injectors ). I haven't had the time yet to look to far into it, I was just wondering if anyone might know the cause.
skline
If it is D-jet, check your pressure and the trigger points in the distributor. Check your electrical connections also. Its probably something easy.
lapuwali
Trigger points. They fire the injectors in pairs, so if one pair isn't working, it's those points, or the wiring to them.
goose2
Yep..trigger points most likely, been there.
Mueller
They fire the injectors in pairs
, yes, but not bank to bank or side to side from how I read the diagrams..........

I thought the trigger points activate in pairs like this:

cyl 1 and cyl 4

cyl 2 and cyl 3

so that means the trigger points are working if 3 and 4 are working

I'd check the ground to the those injectors, if it's not the ground, you have clogged injectors
lapuwali
The grounds to the injectors should be in the ECU. The "switch" is between the injector and ground, not between power and the injector.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (lapuwali @ May 11 2005, 07:42 AM)
Trigger points. They fire the injectors in pairs, so if one pair isn't working, it's those points, or the wiring to them.

Nice theory, somewhat true, but it doesn't fit the question. True they fire in pairs, but it's 1/3 and 2/4, NOT 3/4. My guess, shooting from the hip, is the ground wires under the right side if the intake plenum. The Cap'n
tod914
Check the voltage at the end of the FI harness ... maybe someone can chime in and let him know what it is suppose to be. Or do an A-B comparison with the working injectors.
nsyr
Well, i got em working. it was a temp sensor not hooked up and aux air valve. now that i have every thing hooked up right it still runs like crap. it almost idles and if i touch the throttle it bogs and dies. i do have one problem i haven't been able to figure out yet. the fuel pump won't come on unless i ground the terminal on the relay board where the white 19 wire goes. i did disconect the white wire first so i don't destroy the controller. i am wondering if this is contributing to the engine running bad.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (lapuwali @ May 11 2005, 08:11 AM)
The grounds to the injectors should be in the ECU. The "switch" is between the injector and ground, not between power and the injector.

True on the L-jet cars (1.8), true on modern cars. Not true with the D-jet ones. The injectors are grounded at all times; the ECU switches them on and off with the power and not the ground.

Evidently switching the ground is a better/easier/cheaper way to do it.

Back on topic: If you have to jumper the relay to get the pump to run, something in the pump control circuit is not correct. Go through the fuel pump control system troubleshooting flowchart on Brad Anders' website: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders .

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.