Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mallory with pertronix module
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
If so, how has it worked out?
Optimusglen
I am, it's a Mallory dual point with the points yanked and swapped with Pertronix. Non redcap.

I just got it running, the guy doing the tuning says it purrs, so here's hoping.
jeffdon
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ May 26 2017, 08:35 AM) *

I am, it's a Mallory dual point with the points yanked and swapped with Pertronix. Non redcap.

I just got it running, the guy doing the tuning says it purrs, so here's hoping.

Mine came with the optical module. I just fried another one. I have heard the pertronix is more robust. I am wondering if its an easy plug and play solution.
MarkV
Works great, it comes mounted to a plate that replaces the entire Mallory point plate. If you are replacing a Unilite I would think it would replace the plate where the Unilite is mounted. You are going to need a rotor for a 4 cylinder YL Mallory distributor to replace the Unilite rotor....no hat with slots for the LED. Maybe the Unilite rotor can be modified.

Click to view attachment
MarkV
Do they make a kit to go from a Unilite Mallory to a Pertronix? Mine started out as a Mallory dual point and the magnetic ring indexes to the ignition point lobes. If your Mallory started out as a Unilite I would think the shaft would be smooth with no lobes and there would be no way to index the magnet.
jeffdon
QUOTE(MarkV @ May 26 2017, 11:28 PM) *

Do they make a kit to go from a Unilite Mallory to a Pertronix? Mine started out as a Mallory dual point and the magnetic ring indexes to the ignition point lobes. If your Mallory started out as a Unilite I would think the shaft would be smooth with no lobes and there would be no way to index the magnet.

Good "point". lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.