Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Set of Front &/Or Rear Shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
7TPorsh
I hit a pothole really hard and blew out my front shock...time for a set anyways.

Looking for a set of front (and rear if available) shocks for my 1970 with Boge struts. Either Bilstein B8 or Koni. Thought I would check here before buying retail...

thx Gary
Tom_T
Gary,

IIRC Koni still gives a lifetime warranty to the original buyer with their shocks (not transferable), so it may be worth your while to get a set of 4 new Konis now.

Since they all sound worn/ready to replace anyway, do all 4 corners to avoid odd wear problems with tires/suspension, & keep good ride & handling.

That way you'll be covered if there is another pothole incident.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
The existing warranty only covers manufacturing defects or defects in materials or workmanship. To say you would be covered from future pothole incidents would be wrong. Pretty standard. It's a warranty, not a guarantee.

PASSENGER CAR, LIGHT TRUCK & MOTORHOME: KONI North America LLC warrants all new KONI shock absorbers (purchased after 5/1/1980) and suspension kits (purchased after 1/1/1995) to the original retail purchaser for use in the United States and Canada against defects in materials and workmanship, excluding mounting hardware and bushings, when used under normal operating conditions for as long as the original purchaser owns the vehicle registered for street use on which the KONI shock absorbers were originally installed. This warranty does not apply to, and KONI makes no warranty for, shock absorbers and suspension kits that have been:

Not purchased new by the current owner.
Modified or installed improperly.
Bent or broken indicating abuse.
Supplied as Original Equipment on any vehicle except 1984-1986 Ford Mustang SVO.
Used on any vehicle that has been modified for a use other than or in addition to its originally intended use.
Used for an application that is not specified in the KONI literature.
Used on any vehicle for racing, off-road, or other driving competition.
Exported for use outside the United States and Canada.
Korijo914
Well, again, because everything has to go.

I have some front and rears, ( Koni original Red's that came off my car ). I sent them into the Koni factory to have them rebuilt. The factory, and all of the sales people tried to talk me into a brand new set of four gas shocks. I kept trying to convince them that I didn't want gas shocks, I wanted to rebuild my original oil Koni red's and have them re-valve them to the current standards of the street set that they sell today. They told me that it will cost double of the gas shocks that they sell today, but I didn't care because

1 : I had planned on using them, and
2 : I prefer oil, re-valved shocks with the coil overs that did to the rear

They turned out great. I really didn't care about the $1,000 price tag, because I was going to use them. And the coil over kit cost only $150 bucks with the springs ( 125# or 150# ), I don't remember because they are on the way here, from Montana!?

So, I know that I won't get anywhere close to getting my money back. I just want someone to take these, and use them for what I intended to use them for. Mostly street, and some track days every once and a while.

So, I want $510 shipped to the lower 48! That includes the coil over kit, and the springs are blue in color. So people will see that you have coil overs.

If you are interested, email me at :

keoneeli@gmail.com or send me a PM.

Thanks for your time!

David ( Korijo914 ) Cawdrey
PlaysWithCars
Good morning Gary. I have a brand new set of Koni yellows available for $675 + shipping SOLD. PM me if you are interested.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.