Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 E dizzy for early engine,
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Think it was Henry @ Supertech (Pelican forum guru) mentioned these work fine on an earlier motor but as I have found they need machining down to fit ,anyone done it ?
Click to view attachment
Appears the earlier cases up to 2.4 are the same size as any Bosch unit for 911/914 and Type 1 but after that they went to from 27 to 30mm body size.
Have a excellent example and plan to lock out the retard on the advance plate.
Think mb911 (Ben ) is planning using the same 006 unit on his motor.
TIA.
mb911
I sent my E dizzy to Henry in trade for a recurved 2.7 dizzy for my app as the E dizzy is a smaller diameter shaft then my 2.4 case as it changed midway on the 2.4 run probably when they went to the 7r case?
porschetub
QUOTE(mb911 @ May 27 2017, 01:53 PM) *

I sent my E dizzy to Henry in trade for a recurved 2.7 dizzy for my app as the E dizzy is a smaller diameter shaft then my 2.4 case as it changed midway on the 2.4 run probably when they went to the 7r case?

Yes correct on the case changeover,thanks for the reply ,did Henry say it couldn't be machined to suit?.
Appears to be enough material in the casting however the area where the sealing ring go's on could be an issue,will measure.
mb911
The 2.7 dizzy is a perfect fit for my case and the E was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway so i couldn't machine anything to work for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.