Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: US Postage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cal914
I've had a Title sent from Grand Rapids to Sandy Utah last Friday , it still hasn't turned up,it was sent standard post (a stamp and envelope ) is this fairly normal timing or do you think it's lost
Thanks Brian
Tom_T
Brian,

Our Post Office can be slow at times, so give it til mid-next-week, then you may have to request another copy if still MIA.

For future reference, use either Priority Mail with tracking if USPS, or FedEx or UPS with tracking - so you can find & track important stuff like that. A few more bucks for sanity is worthwhile.

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
My 914
agree.gif

Sometimes, things disappear for a few days and then turn up again. A few more days is reasonable. The good news is that a title is replaceable.
porschetub
Hang in there ,I have found US shipping great,not like my country where it is rubbish,takes for ever and when you get an item it can be damaged and this isn't the first time,recently purchased Yamaha sound surround pics show what they did to the amp headbang.gif headbang.gif .
Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
Standard US mail "can" take 7-10 days on average. Also this is a holiday weekend here in the US so you may need to add a another day or two. dry.gif
Porschef
Yes, it depends on how well they feed the burros. dead horse.gif rolleyes.gif
rhodyguy
The title could have (should have) been mailed in a flat rate box. You would have had title in hand in 3 days or so. You would also have a tracking number to help run it down. Cheap insurance for about the same cost as a large Starbucks or a craft beer. What is peace of mind worth? I hope your document shows up.
cal914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 28 2017, 06:34 AM) *

The title could have (should have) been mailed in a flat rate box. You would have had title in hand in 3 days or so. You would also have a tracking number to help run it down. Cheap insurance for about the same cost as a large Starbucks or a craft beer. What is peace of mind worth? I hope your document shows up.

I wish I had done this way as well , if it's lost it's going to be so hard to get a new one , the cars being picked up for shipping at the end of June (I'll have to pray to St Antony for this one )
Unobtanium-inc
The holiday weekend will definitely be a factor here. Unlike UPS and FEDEX who keep the trucks rolling even when the driver's have holidays off, USPS does not, it all comes full stop. So chances are your title sat for the last three days and will be sorted Tuesday morning.
As a rule I always overnight titles just because the chance it will get lost goes way way down and losing a title is a big deal. I recently had the original title from a car, dated 1961, if I lost that there would be no replacement.
Hope your title makes it there.
mepstein
agree.gif
We spend the $24 whatever and overnight them.
My 914
2 day fed ex is another excellent option. Less expensive than overnight and many times, it gets there the next day anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.