Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 914 shift knob
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
My 914
I'm looking for a shift knob with the pattern below. If you have one for sale, or know of one available, please let me know.
Thanks, Van
Tom_T
QUOTE(My 914 @ May 27 2017, 07:04 PM) *

I'm looking for a shift knob with the pattern below. If you have one for sale, or know of one available, please let me know.
Thanks, Van

Van,

If you want pristine perfect new - IIRC Porsche Classic is now again producing that pattern in their classic collection knobs, just look on the Porsche website. I think that was the pattern knob for the 1960's base 911/912 4-speed trans.

Either Suncoast Porsche in FL or Sunset Porsche in OR parts depts. would probably have the best pricing.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
bdstone914
Or buy a $30 repro and save your money for something else. No 914's had 4 speeds. All five speeds
JP3
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2017, 09:36 AM) *

Or buy a $30 repro and save your money for something else. No 914's had 4 speeds. All five speeds

But his being a v8 conversion it is now only a 4 speed because no more 1st. I thought about going that way also but just opted for a knob without anything on it.Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 28 2017, 10:36 AM) *

agree.gif pretty much the same as the Porsche knob without a Porsche box and the $200 up charge.
My 914
First gear is missing because of the conversion so it is a 4 speed with reverse. The $30 repro sounds perfect. Any source or links to a source for this?
mepstein
Sierra Madre - others may have it too.
914Sixer
One on Ebay for $224.50 Stupid price.
My 914
I saw that too. Couldn't believe it.
theer
The 78-79 930's (911 turbo) have a 4 spd with that shift pattern - with reverse left & up.

Hey - where are you in Massachusetts?
My 914
Thanks for the tip. Didn't see one on line but I'll keep looking. I'm on Cape Cod. We have a Porsche Gruppe that meets for coffee or breakfast on many Saturday mornings. If you, or for that matter, anyone else is headed down for the day or the weekend and would like to join us, let me know.
theer
Thanks for the invitation - don't get to the Cape that often, sadly.

Here's one on ebay - no affiliation & not exactly the same, maybe a bit flashy, but only $30!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-PORSCHE-AMCO-V...WnV&vxp=mtr
Mikey914
Ours are a little more than $30 but are close to the one classic is producing as they are matte in finish not shinny plastic.
My 914
This is the style I was looking for. Do you have this with the shift pattern I had in my original post?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.