Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official COTM for random length of time :)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Welcome to the Next 2017 COTM (Car Of The Month) poll. Please vote for for your favorite car!

Each contestant will be encouraged to post one picture as well as a description of your car. I will put that in the top post for the members to vote. If no information or picture is provided I will put their name and find a picture of their car.

Each contestant is then encouraged to post as much as they want within this thread to support their car, or they may link to their own threads.

Voters... Remember this is not a popularity contest, this is about which car is your favorite build, which means the most to you, which you find the most impressive, which you simply like the most.

The winner will then be required to provide 3 pictures of their car that will be used on the home page and a 25 word description of their car, and their car will be on display on the home page until the next car is appointed! This is due by one week after poll closes to avoid delays and allow Andy enough time to edit the home page for the next month.

Edward Blume(Rob Ways)'s ABM
IPB Image

TC- carr914's 73 2.0
IPB Image

campellcj (Chris Campbell)'s race car
IPB Image

Jim_Hoyland's Beautiful 4
IPB Image
EdwardBlume
'74 Alaska Blue Metallic steel flared conversion. All new 5 lug suspension, polished Fuchs, new interior, 73.5 2.4T motor, chrome bumpers, and pretty much all new fasteners and everything.
carr914
Thanks for the Nomination & Inclusion! I've had over 30 914s , used to run this Contest, have a few Posts biggrin.gif , but this is the 1st time one of my cars has been in a COTM

It's a 1973 2.0 with 44,000 Original Miles. It is the Fastest 2.0 I have ever driven (I've had a few race cars), both thru the gears & top speed. I have all the records and the motor doesn't appear to have ever been opened up idea.gif . It runs on Carbs, though I bought a F.I. System. Otherwise the Drivetrain is Stock.

I bought the car from hotshoe, who found her (he called her Betsy - I don't have names for my cars), drove her to Red Rocks Ramble, Carlisle, and then to the Tropical Ramble where I took possession

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...81&hl=Betsy

I then had it painted (it need it BAD) by a guy that took a role in a TV car show, so it took forever. It is Alaska Blue Metallic

I put the 5 Lug System on - it is pretty trick. MonoBalls & Bearings where I could, 930 Struts & UnderBody SwayBar, 911S Lightweight Brakes done by PMB, Boxed Reinforced Rear Arms of a 914-6 Race Car (Armando Serrano), Koni Coilovers, 16 x 6&7 Real Fuchs.

Interior in Stock except for a Removable MOMO Prototipo Steering Wheel & Shift Knob. Has the Original Radio. All New 914 Rubber Seals & Carpet Kit.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jasons
I'll vote for Chris's car until its COTM. It should have won like 5x already. In fact it should get an honorable COTM for being a bridesmade so many times.
Cracker

agree.gif
JmuRiz
Ditto biggrin.gif
mepstein
All great cars but Rob's ABM is the one I'd like to see sitting in my garage.
Tom_T
As usual, a tough choice!

But being partial to blue & narrow body 914s (or at least puffed fenders over GT flares), I had to vote for TC's. wub.gif

Sorry Rob, Chris & Jim - your 3 are all great cars too! drooley.gif

Cheers & Great Memorial Weekend! beerchug.gif flag.gif
Tom
///////
KELTY360
QUOTE(jasons @ May 28 2017, 09:12 AM) *

I'll vote for Chris's car until its COTM. It should have won like 5x already. In fact it should get an honorable COTM for being a bridesmade so many times.

agree.gif
914forme
agree.gif confused24.gif
EdwardBlume
All world class cars. I concede to the other 3. beer.gif
mgp4591
I like the puffy red one... biggrin.gif
falcor75
Tough choise between TC's and Chris's car, I went with Chris tho as he should have a deafault win from so many previous nominations.
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
carr914
Click to view attachment

Triad Dual Outlet Exhaust & Custom Valance

Click to view attachment
wndsnd
All Nice Cars. Good luck guys!
morgan_harwell
I have to vote for Ed's '74.
After all, he used the same engine in his conversion as I used in my own conversion smile.gif
carr914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Olympic 914
The ASS shot with the dual tip Triad might swing my vote...
914_teener
I voted for Chris car.....but with that ASS shot....of the dual Triad of course.....wish I could change my mind.

Can you win with a 140%?

Time for my covfefe.
Big Len
The block of wood as a hand brake ain't helping to get my vote.
carr914
Back when I bought the car, the 1st Adventure was to the Tropical Ramble. As nice of a car it was the Paint sucked and they Joking voted my car the Worst 914 at the Ramble. I still have the Trophy (?), but I took it as an Insult and as I do with every car I've had - Make it Better!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Big Len @ May 31 2017, 06:36 PM) *

The block of wood as a hand brake ain't helping to get my vote.

hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 31 2017, 08:53 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
QUOTE(Olympic 914 @ May 31 2017, 04:53 PM) *

Sheesh, who would have thunk I could have won years ago when I had that setup on my car before I put it on the lift while accumulating parts for my /6 conversion blink.gif
carr914
Did I Win? drunk.gif
Andyrew
Yes, sorry just got back from WCR. To much on my mind.

Congrats TC!!
carr914
I want to say Thank You to the World!

When I ran the Contest, I always said there are No Losers, but just one Winner! The other cars certainly attest to that.

Edward's Car is Sweet, and I tried like heck to Buy it from Rob! Obviously I love the color and the rest of the car seems equal to the task.

Chris's race car is very nice and we have had some good eMail chats in the past. I would really like to see & hear it in person one day!

Jim's Copper car looks perfect! The color may not be for everyone, but if you see one in person, it certainly grows on you. KENNY here in Florida has one that I have seen a few time and in person, Copper makes a 914 look like a different car.

Again, Big Thanks to these 3 Guys and their cars.

beerchug.gif

T.C.
EdwardBlume
Congratulations TC! smilie_pokal.gif

The only car I don't like this time is Chris'.... because it's my dream car dry.gif
SirAndy
http://www.914world.com/
shades.gif
76-914
hide.gif
Andyrew
Thanks Andy!
carr914
Thanks Guys!
Gmanscott55
Awesome car and congrats. Only fitting that I saw Marv's car this AM at the PCA-Orange Coast monthly meetup. Hard to judge a car with a pic or pics. Marv's is an awesome piece of worK. Yours looks fantastic as well. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.