Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: holy shizit! Dixon survives gunpoint and that crash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
blink.gif

That was awful! Glad he's OK!
Coondog
Couple feet forward of the cockpit and I don't think the outcome would have been good. Amazing how much these cars dissipate the impact energy.
mark04usa
Amazing cars and drivers. Dixon said he can't wait to come back and race again next year. smilie_pokal.gif Click to view attachment
Redraptor
I was there today. It was on the opposite side of the track from me, but when I heard the radio call my stomach dropped. Way too close to the way Wheldon went out. Waiting to watch the local replay now. Awesome race, probably one of my favorites. I was pulling for Helio at the end, but Sato taking it was good.
porschetub
Kiwi's we are tough buggers aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Dion
Dixons crash stopped my heart. So closely resembling Wheldons.
Glad their all ok. Gonna be sore tomorrow. Was rooting for Alonso & Rossi.
Glad for Sato.
SKL1
One hell of a race!! When I saw 1/2 of the car first sitting there before they showed the replay I was sick to my stomach... and then the replay. Holy sh*t- as noted, if he'd hit 3 feet forward we'd be comparing it to poor Greg Moore.
He was so composed in the interview (though he was limping when going away from the interview)- I'd be shaking so hard I wouldn't be able to talk, or change my underwear!!
Glad for Taku- find the racer.com interviews with Robin Miller and Marshall Pruett- only wish they'd been doing the TV rather than ABC. 3 hours of Eddie Cheever is pretty painful...
Spoke
Dixon wasn't driving, he was flying his car and he was out of control.

Helio went under him. Excellent video looking back on Helio's car.

Good race. Go Sato.

The high light though was Fred. I stopped watching after Alonso broke his Honda. Funny thing though, the only reason he was at Indy for the 500 was because his daily Honda F1 power unit SUCKS. Jenson rode around at the back of the pack until his Honda broke.

Maybe karma hitting Alonzo leaving Honda F1 to do Honda 500???
URY914
Eddie Cheever is a dipshit.
jim_hoyland
agree.gif truly amazing ! Can't believe anyone could survive the G-Forces on the internal organs. Anyone familiar with internal trauma ?
SKL1
As far as G forces go, Seabass' survival is even more amazing. Up and walking 2 days later with crutches, and he didn't even lose consciousness. Unbelieveable!!
Compare that to the poor unfortunate Gordon Smiley - youtube that if you can stomach it...

(and next weeks' races are on ABC again, so we have Cheever for another 2 days...)
Mark Henry
wacko.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHdYvq-x2-8
euro911
OUCH sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.