Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first two AX's of the season = top 10 finishes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
hell yeah, check it out. it was one year ago at WCC '04 I entered my first AX. a grand in upgrades, a new engine, and more importantly, some seat time , and i've started to work my way up!

the car and driver could still use A LOT more basic development -- i've got a Bi chassis/suspension in Fm -- but it (and I) are coming along nicely. makes me think i ought to enter PCA so i can compete for a $5 trophy at the end of the season....

http://www.pca.org/zone7/index.php?page=ax...ch=AX200501time

and

http://www.pca.org/zone7/index.php?page=ax...ch=AX200502time

(i only got 3 runs on the 2nd day!)

Also, check out Howard Yao's time on day 2. He was SMOKING fast in his Bp car. Congratulations, Howard pray.gif .

Steve Nieslony was TTOD both days -- and this was after he only got 3 runs on day 1 because of a ruptured master cylinder that Brad heroically fixed. Congrats, Steve and Brad!!!

Trekkor was driving hot both days, but it really came together better on day 2. He's quickly learning how to apply that new power!

on day two, seven of the top-15 were 914s!! congrats, 914ers!! beerchug.gif

see you at alameda!

n
Trekkor
Good job Nathan.
It'll be fun competing with you all year.

I'll catch ya. wink.gif

KT
nebreitling
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 11 2005, 05:43 PM)
I'll catch ya. wink.gif

care to put down a friendly wager to that effect?
Trekkor
friendly competition should be good enough.

I said good job...

KT
nebreitling
fair enough, and thanks! aktion035.gif
J P Stein
Youz guys really piss me off.

I've had nuthin but effin' rain & the effin' car ain't done, nohow......enuff of this. The car will be ready to rock for the next SCCA on the 21st & 22nd. After I relearn to drive it, your asses are grasses & I'm the lawnmower
laugh.gif
EdwardBlume
Well done. Its good to see you climbing! I'll be out there later this year to watch...
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ May 11 2005, 05:43 PM)
Good job Nathan.
It'll be fun competing with you all year.

I'll catch ya. wink.gif

KT

Oh yeah me too! I'm hoping I blow my engine chasing you guys so I can justify upgrading to my wife! biggrin.gif

Nathan, you and your car are moving very quickly these days, you have done a great job maximizing key components of the car and that engine is fast based on the speeds you were hitting on "the Streets" Howard is just a plain fast driver - I'm happy when I can come within 2 seconds of his times with my current car. The thing that is amazing in zone 7 is how many drivers were within a few hundreths of top ten places.

My car is about 50lbs lighter since the second Zone 7 AX. Its amazing how much crap stock 74 model cars have bolted on I have sorted out understeer issue , but still have the front brake bias problem until I slap some good pads on the rear. I will have 15x7 lightweight race wheels with slicks within the next month or two so we will see how close I get to you guys running fast 2.0 liter plus engines.
nebreitling
QUOTE (J P Stein @ May 11 2005, 07:23 PM)
your asses are grasses & I'm the lawnmower

sure JP. hope you have one of these
grantsfo
And if I get tired of chasing the faster cars in my 1.8 I might just bring my fast car out for a day!

user posted image
...It makes at least 20 hp more than my 914 and weighs less!
kermit
Nathan, thanks for the kind words. Good to see a lot of healthy local competition amongst the 914s - I always have to over my shoulders now. If I have a bad driving day, one of you guys are going to take me!

But for now, I'm still able to look over my shoulder. I'll be proud (and pissed) when I look straight ahead and see one of you in front of me ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.