Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tech sess & bbq.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
injunmort
alright ny and no jersey guys. doing a tech sess and bbq june 10th at my place, presented by andyb. headcount would be appreciated. rmittal valve adjustment clinic, maybe a tangerine exhaust install and brake rebuild. fun and laughs for all. pm for details.
rgalla9146
I'm in !
My orange car needs a valve adjustment.
914itis
I am in .
injunmort
pm's sent
bretth
I may be able to make it but my 914 won't. Maybe bring some chili too.
injunmort
awesome pm sent
iankarr
I'm in!
injunmort
great ian, need resend on details?
iankarr
I think I'm good mort...
Porschef
beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Let me know what else to bring
injunmort
just your smilin face
bretth
What time on the 10th? How perfect that you are in area code '914'.
injunmort
8:00 am should be good
rmital
QUOTE(injunmort @ May 31 2017, 10:12 AM) *

8:00 am should be good

WILROD will need to get there around 5:00am so his engine could cool.... biggrin.gif
....he likes his eggs over easy.... chowtime.gif
injunmort
he is dropping the car off friday night.
rmital
icon_bump.gif
Mort...how's the crowd developing? Will there be valet parking?
...you're not serious about the 8:00am start... huh.gif
injunmort
looks to be about 10 so far. i say 8:00 so we can can get going before lunch.
injunmort
bump
Porschef
C'mon Ray, you're like 10 minutes down the street biggrin.gif

I gotta cross a friggin bridge...
Big Len
8:00 am? Screw that. I need my beauty sleep. And if I need it, all you MF'ers should sleep till noon.

Bringing a boatload of hot wings and a condiment, probably tequila.
Porschef
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 6 2017, 06:36 PM) *

8:00 am? Screw that. I need my beauty sleep. And if I need it, all you MF'ers should sleep till noon.

Oh yeah, we'll get wilrod's car runnin' real nice... beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
injunmort
lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
injunmort
final bump for a day of jocularity, fun and food
rgolia
I would be up for this, but daughters wedding in Baltimore has to take priority....I guess. dry.gif Next time count me in.
bretth
Weather outlook looking good for Saturday. They're saying around 80F.
Porschef
QUOTE(rgolia @ Jun 8 2017, 10:55 AM) *

I would be up for this, but daughters wedding in Baltimore has to take priority....I guess. dry.gif Next time count me in.

Darn kids, they're always gettin in the way of a good time...we'll miss ya Ralph
rgalla9146
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jun 8 2017, 10:11 AM) *

final bump for a day of jocularity, fun and food

Hey Mort
What should I bring ?
Rory
rmital
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jun 6 2017, 08:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 6 2017, 06:36 PM) *

Oh yeah, we'll get wilrod's car runnin' real nice... beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif

...maybe we should remove the plugs this time...easier to rotate those wheels huh.gif ; but where's the fun in that...
injunmort
rory, with this crew, i would bring a sense of humor. it is essential.
iankarr
QUOTE(Big Len @ Jun 6 2017, 05:36 PM) *

Looks like I better bring some pepto and toilet paper
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(injunmort @ Jun 9 2017, 08:26 AM) *

rory, with this crew, i would bring a sense of humor. it is essential.

My schedule has cleared!
My cars running!the weathers right...
Looking good for me....my first time,
I'll need directions and a tetanus shot?
Lol....
injunmort
pm sent. wilrod has dropped his car off this afternoon, let the fun begin.
rgalla9146
Had a great day at Morts spread upstate NY.
Mort, Ray, Andy, Paul, Len, Linda, Terry, Wilsomethingorother and other unforgetable
characters.
I took one picture. That's Ray dead center and some of the cars.
Took a (self promoting) pic on the way home.
Old NY state landmark on Rt.17....The Red Apple Rest. Times gone by.
iankarr
Bummed I missed it! The day got away with family stuff. I'm sure it was a blast. And the red apple rest???!!! Used to love that place. Amazed it's still standing. Probably tomorrow's road trip...
914itis
Great time , great crew

Thanks Mort for hosting.

914itis
Pic
AndyB
It was great meeting more 914 enthusiasts yesterday. The brisket was great, but Big Lens jerk chicken wings were incredible.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(AndyB @ Jun 11 2017, 04:48 AM) *

It was great meeting more 914 enthusiasts yesterday. The brisket was great, but Big Lens jerk chicken wings were incredible.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Holy crap, if I'da known there were photo ops
Ida lost weight!
Go for my good side next time. Wouldya!
Thanks Mort....had a great time and maybe next time, I'll stay long enough to see if
wilrods car started after I had touched it...
bretth
Thanks for the hospitality Mort. Was great to meet everyone and get to see some of the faces behind the 914world screen names.

Brett
Porschef
I took no pics, so nothing to see here; but once again, Mort hosted a fun, and this time, educational event. Wilsomethingorother got his valves adjusted and promptly departed, with his car running significantly better than before, what with Ray and Rory providing direction to a couple new guys, Terry and Brett. Andy and I beer3.gif beer3.gif and watched, which was a nice change of pace. Len and Linda brought up some more of their arse kicking jerk wings, of which I consumed a god awful amount, and am still enjoying the aftereffects... bootyshake.gif happy11.gif

Rory helped me out with my timing, and also Paul with his carbs. The man is a wealth of knowledge regarding all things Porsche. beerchug.gif

Anyhoo, should you live anywhere in the area and have an interest in meeting /learning all things 914 related, keep an eye out for the next soiree, certain to entertain and educate. Oh, and please bring your appetite, as Mort is all about stuffing the collective pie holes to the brim.

Great time, thanks. first.gif
iankarr
Since I missed this one...allow me to host the next. What about Saturday July 15th. I'm in northern Westchester.? Will start another thread....
injunmort
thanks to all who attended. made new friends, connected with old friends an most importantly to me . i had a great time. lets try to do another before the end of the summer
Big Len
A typical good time at Mort's with some of the best people around.
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
rgalla9146
Thank you Mort
rmital
...it would be nice to see these happening again on a regular basis. We seem to have built up a new semi-local (to each other) crew.
Ian's would be great, been there, has plenty of space.
Terry's looking to do some general maintenance soon too...so gathering at his place to look over his shoulder is an excellent option too. flag.gif
Tjmrfe
QUOTE(rmital @ Jun 12 2017, 06:41 AM) *

...it would be nice to see these happening again on a regular basis. We seem to have built up a new semi-local (to each other) crew.
Ian's would be great, been there, has plenty of space.
Terry's looking to do some general maintenance soon too...so gathering at his place to look over his shoulder is an excellent option too. flag.gif

Yep....
What ever works for every one.
If we do one in July, I can host an August or mid September deal....
I'm already on my diet, I may be able to loose 5lbs by then!
Thanks again Mort....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.