Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll up window dilemma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Still working on the window seals with little success. I did notice a peculiar issue today and am hoping for Worldy insight.

Each roll up window glass has a logo/part number with "Delour-1, DOT52M93 A52 LIZ.Sekurit" What is interesting is one window, the drivers side has the logo on the inside of the glass. On the passenger side it's on the outside of the glass.

Did someone in the past secure window glass to the wrong slider ?? Besides tint or no tint option I see that there are two different part numbers for window glass. Is the actual glass the same for both windows and the difference is how it is attached to the lifter. My bet is there are different glass windows one each for the driver and pass side. If that's the case how did a logo/part number show up on two sides of the glass ??

This is frustrating to say the least. Thanks for all your help

headbang.gif
McMark
The glass is curved. No way to put it in backwards.

I would speculate that the side glass is made from flat glass that is heated and allowed to curve onto a mold. They cut and etched the logo on the blanks, and then curved them -- the logo is on the same side of the glass if it were flat.

I get where you're head's at, I've been there way too many times, and will be again. But this is classic over-restoring. wink.gif Keep at it. laugh.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(North Coast Jim @ May 30 2017, 05:36 AM) *

Still working on the window seals with little success. I did notice a peculiar issue today and am hoping for Worldy insight.

Each roll up window glass has a logo/part number with "Delour-1, DOT52M93 A52 LIZ.Sekurit" What is interesting is one window, the drivers side has the logo on the inside of the glass. On the passenger side it's on the outside of the glass.

Did someone in the past secure window glass to the wrong slider ?? Besides tint or no tint option I see that there are two different part numbers for window glass. Is the actual glass the same for both windows and the difference is how it is attached to the lifter. My bet is there are different glass windows one each for the driver and pass side. If that's the case how did a logo/part number show up on two sides of the glass ??

This is frustrating to say the least. Thanks for all your help

headbang.gif

They are different (right and left) and they are different for early and late window mechanisms. I will have to go look at my logos now... I have an early and 2 late cars.
McMark
Oh yeah, forgot to add that my 71 logos is just like that.
Kansas 914
QUOTE(McMark @ May 30 2017, 07:10 AM) *

Oh yeah, forgot to add that my 71 logos is just like that.

I just looked at my '74 - Passenger logo etch is on the outside and the driver's is on the inside.
Tom_T
Ditto - same on my 73

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
arne
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ May 30 2017, 11:38 AM) *
I just looked at my '74 - Passenger logo etch is on the outside and the driver's is on the inside.
Same for my late '73. Left is inside, right outside. The etchings are not flipped, which supports the idea that all glass starts as flat and was curved after etching.
North Coast Jim
Found the same thing this afternoon. Logo etch on different sides of the window, this on Dr Evil's '73 2L. Interesting. Well back to the window seal dilemma tomorrow.

Thanks all for the input
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.