Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear wrench magnetic spark plug socket
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Amphicar770
Saw this on garage journal so thought I would share teener plugs use the 13/16 version ...

Nothing huge here but if you need a good spark plug socket, the Gearwrench magnetic ones seem highly recommended. I believe these are also rebranded by Matco.

Advance Auto has the 5/8", 6-inch long version for $10.99. You can apply the coupon SAVINGS for an extra 30% off and pick up for free, for a total of $7.69. The lowest prices I can find elsewhere are eBay (~14) and Amazon (~15).

Gearwrench 5/8" magnetic swivel spark plug socket

They also have the 13/16" version for $14.99, which comes to $10.50 after discount. The lowest price I can find elsewhere is Cripe Distributing, which is also $10.50.

Gearwrench 13/16" magnetic swivel spark plug socket

TheCabinetmaker
I have a set of two magnetic sockets that I bought 20 years ago at Napa. Not gearwrench brand, but still works very well. I think they were about six bucks for the pair. Still see them hanging on the shelves at flaps for about 12 bucks for the pair.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.