914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djsinister702
I did one ...work great on mine..
anyone else put one on their????
djsinister702
here's the article on how to do it..

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9..._targa_seal.htm
tat2dphreak
I probably will, but my seal is in good shape... when I did drive my teener, the top was always in the trunk... no point in fixing the seal...
tracks914
I'd like to one of those $8 front Targa seals. laugh.gif
hmeeder
I put one together about 3 years ago according to Pelican's Tech Article and was very happy with the result. My change was to use Automotive "GOOP" instead of the rubber cement. I used 2 sections of 2x4 as clamping surface and allowed a day for it to cure for the section where you flip the segment backwards. I have had it in place for a quite a while and it works pretty damn good. Just now the surface is beginning to get some pitting. The rubber isn't the kind of quality the OEM seals are, but for $8 (prolly closer to $12 actually) you can build a new one every several years and still come out way ahead.

my $02
Demick
I wrote that article 7 years ago now I think. It's still on the car and showing no signs of any deterioration. The only thing I did in addition to the article was to run a bead of the Permatex weatherstrip adhesive down the long seam created when you fold and glue the seal together. In warm weather, the contact cement began to peel apart - so adding this bead of weatherstrip adhesive holds the seal together much better. Haven't touched it (or even thought about it) since I did that - which was about 6 years ago.

Demick
djsinister702
Demick...
you did that????? awesome..thank,
yes i just did one....i went a step farther and use the left over to cover up the chrome trims...which make the fitting nice and tight....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.