Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914-6 side cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914forme
I am in the process of converting a side shifter over to be put into my 914-6 project. I really do not want to open up, my original 914-6 901 trans. The side cover has a provision to hold the throttle cable. I am hoping someone has a side cover with the boss for this.

I am wanting to keep the trans looking like a factory install. So hit me up if you have one to sell.
mepstein
So if I'm thinking correctly, you want a 901 intermediate plate, right?
That's what I did on my side shifter so I could use a stock 914-6 bell crank.
db9146
You'll have to pull the trans apart if you want to install one of the billet intermediate plates which had the provision for the pivot shaft.

Another option is to contact Rich Johnson (a914guy) - I believe he makes a bracket that you can bolt on to the side of a sideshifter trans that will locate a pivot shaft for the throttle linkage w/o going the billet intermediate plate route.
gcrotvik
Hi Stephen,

I have an OE intermediate plate from my 914/6 trans. The boss needs to be repaired to be perfect. I was able to find a replacement so I don't need it. PM me your address and I will ship it to you if you are interested.

I included a picture below.

Greg
IronHillRestorations
It's not the side cover, as others have pointed out; the intermediate plate.

Replacing the intermediate plate requires setting the pinion depth, which involves a qualified mechanic and special tools. I'd only do this if you are getting the trans rebuilt, and expect to pay more.

The economical solution is (as others have pointed out) getting an aftermarket linkage kit from Rich Johnson
mepstein
Stephen - I have a linkage kit if you want to go that route.
rgalla9146
Just FYI there is no such thing as a 914 6 intermediate plate.
All early intermediate plates feature the boss for the '6' accelerator bellcrank.
Early transaxles are cheap. The labor to install the plate in your trans is not.
As suggested, get the aftermarket kit.
forrestkhaag
I am using Rich Johnson's bell crank linkage and cant say enough as to ease of adjustment and installation along the beerchug.gif way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.