Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parts Heaven Swap
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
Any Bay Area Teeners going to the swap on sunday? I know of one other.
EdwardBlume
I might go. Prices to show are up so we'll see how that goes....
shoguneagle
I have always enjoyed going to this meet when I lived in the Bay Area, Flagstaff, and Grants Pass, OR. I always came across friends of old that I had not seen for a long time. Spencer and Crew are great to deal with and have always provided me with first class parts, service and references.

I will not be going this year since we are moving to New Mexico, but I think this is one of the must things related to Porsche Activities in the Bay Area.

I will even travel from New Mexico to attend this event. Parts Heaven is one of the first events I have on my attendance list along with the Historics at Laguna Seca, Monterey, in August. Great suppliers of used Porsche parts.

Steve Hurt
Mueller
I might go, I need one 15x7 23mm offset Phone dial, a running motor would be nice to find also smile.gif
Mike Bellis
I think I'll show up. I had to cancel my WCR trip due to a failed transmission in my truck. But my 914 still runs!

Mueller, I'll check my stock on phone dials today. Not sure if I have a 15" with 23mm offset.
Dave_Darling
I should be there at some point.

--DD
Dominic
I'll be there but not in a 914, most likely take my 550 Spyder this time. (Edit: not taking Spyder, down for maintenance) [u] sad.gif

My wife and kids will follow in the VW Passat support vehicle driving-girl.gif
Krieger
I am going. Anyone want a free drivers door?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 1 2017, 08:47 AM) *

Maybe. What year? What condition?
Mueller
QUOTE(Dominic @ Jun 1 2017, 08:46 AM) *

I'll be there but not in a 914, most likely take my 550 Spyder this time. biggrin.gif

I'll bring my girls, I'm sure your boys will be just as adorable to them as last time they met!

Dominic
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 1 2017, 09:19 AM) *

QUOTE(Dominic @ Jun 1 2017, 08:46 AM) *

I'll be there but not in a 914, most likely take my 550 Spyder this time. biggrin.gif

I'll bring my girls, I'm sure your boys will be just as adorable to them as last time they met!

Mike,
Sounds like a plan!
Thanks,
Dominic
Krieger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 1 2017, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(Krieger @ Jun 1 2017, 08:47 AM) *

Maybe. What year? What condition?

Late door. Pretty straight. Ugly faded white respray. Has glass and lift mechanism. No outer handle. A little rust on the out seal area on bottom.
MartyYeoman
I'm still in town. Meet up time at 9:14?
jeffdon
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Jun 1 2017, 04:48 PM) *

I'm still in town. Meet up time at 9:14?

Think I will be there by then.
matthepcat
I may drop by to look around. Driving my daily.
EdwardBlume
Seems like a good group. I'll be there much earlier than 9:14. Anyone need any parts? I'm interested in cheap doors, hoods, and a late targa top.
Cairo94507
I will try to make it but have a crazy weekend already scheduled.....
jeffdon
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Jun 2 2017, 07:37 AM) *

Seems like a good group. I'll be there much earlier than 9:14. Anyone need any parts? I'm interested in cheap doors, hoods, and a late targa top.

I have a drivers side early door. It has the inside handle, glass, the aluminum piece between the glass pieces, latch on the door jamb. Pretty rust free. Needs outer handle and all rubber.

bando6
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 2 2017, 08:02 AM) *

I have a drivers side early door. It has the inside handle, glass, the aluminum piece between the glass pieces, latch on the door jamb. Pretty rust free. Needs outer handle and all rubber.

Hey Jeff, what time you planning on heading down there?
I'll be on the lookout for interior door handles.
jeffdon
QUOTE(bando6 @ Jun 2 2017, 08:21 AM) *

And replace those lovely custom handles of yours?

I could swing by your place and we can caravan down. 8-8:30ish?
bando6
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 2 2017, 08:22 AM) *

And replace those lovely custom handles of yours?

I could swing by your place and we can caravan down. 8-8:30ish?

As we know, "The 914 is the Cadillac of Porsches!"

Time sounds good, I'll be ready!

EdwardBlume

The interior handle or the opener / lock? I have a pass handle (upper) and both sides door opener / locks..
Mike Bellis

I have a targa top I'll give you. It's in the back of my truck and my truck is in the shop. So you have to wait a week or so.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 2 2017, 06:46 PM) *

I have a targa top I'll give you. It's in the back of my truck and my truck is in the shop. So you have to wait a week or so.

Awesome! Thanks. I'll trade you for a slightly used Matchbox 914 for when you are at work meetings.
Mueller
At swap looking Mike B.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 4 2017, 11:10 AM) *

At swap meet, anyone have Mikes number?

510....484...8700, mine if he sees this

You got there late.

Kick yourself because Lennie was dumping parts like he's getting out of 914s. He sold his Saratoga top prototype No. 3 for $80.
EdwardBlume
Good to see everyone at the PartsSwap! Hope to see you all again soon! aktion035.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Jun 4 2017, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 4 2017, 11:10 AM) *

At swap meet, anyone have Mikes number?

510....484...8700, mine if he sees this

You got there late.

Kick yourself because Lennie was dumping parts like he's getting out of 914s. He sold his Saratoga top prototype No. 3 for $80.

I saw Lenny and he still had a lot of stuff left. I was good and did not pick up anything i didn't need.

Killer deal on that top, that might have been something at that price to grab. No big deal.
Krieger
I saw Lenny too. Very nice guy! It was good to see you guys. I did take a few things he was leaving. At least most of it was for my friend.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 2 2017, 10:46 PM) *

blink.gif I was going to see if you had that on my trip through San Ramon tomorrow...
Mueller
I did buy a 15x7 Phonedial from Parts Heaven, got it for a great price....and my girls got a free hat from there.

Oh yea, my daughter Taylor got a free ceramic 914....from Ken (?)
Click to view attachment
jeffdon
Had a good time at the swap just checking stuff out.

It was good to run into some of the 914 crowd.

Lenny's Chevy truck is super cool!
Dave_Darling
Agreed on Lenny's truck!!

I was looking at the 550 replica (a Beck, so Dominick and the owner both told me) and some rando started talking about the four-cam motors. I did school him that they were used in more than just Spyders (356 Carrera, 904, etc.) and that the first couple of 550s had pushrod engines at first. Didn't have the heart to tell him that no, it wasn't just the heads--the whole engine was very different from a Bug engine, and many of them had roller-bearing cranks...

Sorry, dude, but you just ran into someone who keeps tons of Porsche trivia in his head.

--DD
jeffdon
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 4 2017, 09:48 PM) *

Agreed on Lenny's truck!!

I was looking at the 550 replica (a Beck, so Dominick and the owner both told me) and some rando started talking about the four-cam motors. I did school him that they were used in more than just Spyders (356 Carrera, 904, etc.) and that the first couple of 550s had pushrod engines at first. Didn't have the heart to tell him that no, it wasn't just the heads--the whole engine was very different from a Bug engine, and many of them had roller-bearing cranks...

Sorry, dude, but you just ran into someone who keeps tons of Porsche trivia in his head.

--DD

I keep telling my 78 year old dad he needs to get a toyota truck and give me his 64 chevy step side.

What engine did he have in that 550? I lust for those, and would love a replica that could actually be driven. Of course, I would prefer an original, but would just sell it to finance my retirement.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 4 2017, 07:28 PM) *

blink.gif I was going to see if you had that on my trip through San Ramon tomorrow...

It's in the back of my truck and my truck is in the shop in Livermore getting the tranny fixed. Ways got one from Marty at the swap today. It will be a week or so before I get my truck back.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 5 2017, 02:27 AM) *

It's in the back of my truck and my truck is in the shop in Livermore getting the tranny fixed. Ways got one from Marty at the swap today. It will be a week or so before I get my truck back.

evilgrin.gif I come to work tomorrow and go home the following Monday. Maybe your truck will be done by then?
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 4 2017, 10:56 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jun 5 2017, 02:27 AM) *

evilgrin.gif I come to work tomorrow and go home the following Monday. Maybe your truck will be done by then?

I hope so. Another $2k down the drain...
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 4 2017, 09:58 PM) *

What engine did he have in that 550? I lust for those, and would love a replica that could actually be driven. Of course, I would prefer an original, but would just sell it to finance my retirement.

Most of the 550 replicas have Type Is in them. The one there yesterday certainly had one. I've seen turbo Type Is, I've seen Type IV (914) motors, I've even seen 356 motors used in them. I've seen photos of Scooby four-bangers in them, though I haven't seen any like that in person.

If you were able to get ahold of an original 550, you'd be able to finance more than one retirement by selling it... Those are worth seven figures now.

--DD
Mueller
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jun 5 2017, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 4 2017, 09:58 PM) *

Most of the 550 replicas have Type Is in them. The one there yesterday certainly had one. I've seen turbo Type Is, I've seen Type IV (914) motors, I've even seen 356 motors used in them. I've seen photos of Scooby four-bangers in them, though I haven't seen any like that in person.

If you were able to get ahold of an original 550, you'd be able to finance more than one retirement by selling it... Those are worth seven figures now.

--DD

That was a nice kit, Dominics is a different brand when I was talking to him over there by it.

I went for a ride in a 550 replica with a tuned 993 3.6 in it, scared the daylights out of me when the owner put his foot down in it while going about 60mph...rear tires broke loose and way too many redwood trees on both sides of use! I thought I heard this car is now in Japan.
Retroracer
All - so this was really the first outing for the lime green 914/6 track car project - think I met a few people on this forum without realizing it. Enjoyed the morning and scored a few parts too.

Plus, the car got me there and home again with nothing large falling off.

- Tony

Click to view attachment
Mueller
QUOTE(Retroracer @ Jun 5 2017, 09:19 AM) *

All - so this was really the first outing for the lime green 914/6 track car project - think I met a few people on this forum without realizing it. Enjoyed the morning and scored a few parts too.

Plus, the car got me there and home again with nothing large falling off.

- Tony

Click to view attachment

Nice car, we got there fairly late and saw a few 914 on the road leaving already. Next year I'll get there earlier!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.