Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WEVO 901 shift solution
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgiroux67
Look at title, im too lazy to type it again
JWest
The other shifter:
First, you need to get yourself an old 915 shift housing (911 part so they are not cheap). Take it all apart and put the other shifter parts into it (it's not complete, even though all the pictures make you think so). Retain the factory crappy lateral pivot. You are stuck with 33% throw reduction that many people feel is too short. Pay extra if you'd like adjustable spring force.

RennShift:
Buy and bolt it in. Change between 20% and 33% throw reduction at will. Change between manual/automatic/or no reverse lockout at will. Adjustment for spring bias included. Use the extra $100 to buy more parts like a new fuse box.

I went back and noticed you have a '73 - side shift. There is no WEVO for a side shifter.
jgiroux67
Thanks for the info James. I had planned on getting a rennshift but I just was wondering wether the wevo was just as good. So what does the total come to on you shifter?
JWest
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ May 11 2005, 11:40 PM)
Thanks for the info James. I had planned on getting a rennshift but I just was wondering wether the wevo was just as good. So what does the total come to on you shifter?

It's $470 plus $10.85 for shipping.

The aluminum knob shown in most of the pictures you have seen so far is an extra $32 - but the shifter works with the stock knob and crush sleeve and most aftermarket knobs.
double-a
agree.gif

the stock knob looks and works good on the rennshift (view my progress thread in my sig for a pic of the installation). i think the shifter makes a huge difference, very crisp and precise. i like it.

~a
meares
how long does it take to get the shifter after i order it....and ...how long to install?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (meares @ May 12 2005, 10:58 AM)
how long does it take to get the shifter after i order it....and ...how long to install?

can't help you on Question One.

it can be installed in about half an hour. screwing around with the shift knob, changing the tunnel bushing, getting distracted by doing 'other stuff' As Long As you're in there not included. then figure between 10 minutes and 3 days to adjust the linkage, depending on your ability to remain calm and think about what is going on.

VERY worthwhile addition, IMO. i like it so much that i'm going to wind up buying ANOTHER one when i fit the 915 into the car (a 911...) and i'll save the one i've got now (an Original model...) for the 914.6
JWest
QUOTE (meares @ May 12 2005, 09:58 AM)
how long does it take to get the shifter after i order it....

And there is the issue... unsure.gif

I have a long interest list that I need to fill before taking general orders. I have just obtained more help, so I hope to get through this a little more quickly.

It's at least a couple months at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.